Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Monday, March 18, 2013

Never NoRmAl, Is It?

Flipped Classroom Video - for Tech and Social Studies:)


To My 5B...Angels???  
That didn't seem to be the right name for some of you today, hmmmm....  I know last Friday there was struggle with how to act like 5th graders in art class with Ms. Riedel.  We had a super chat and decided we are "better than that."  I was extremely moved by the comments you shared with your classmates before you pelted them with a beach ball.  (Please explain to your parents because it sounds kinda crazy as I write it:)  Today, however, as the day went on (and I know it was a goofy day with the snow), I was seeing the same types of behaviors from many students: 
*Chatting when someone else is talking
*Blurting out 
*Not listening
*Walking around when directions are given
*Ignoring reminders from teachers
*Not waiting patiently 
I'm sad to say that there are a few individuals that are not showing any Cadet Pride to 5B classmates.  I'm starting to wonder if they care at all about others?  I would hope so, but actions really do speak louder than words.  So, I'd like you to help remind your classmates that if they are not showing that they are "better than that," arrangements will be made to remove them from our learning environment.  OK?  Remember, I said I wouldn't expect as much if I didn't think you were capable of it, so please take the challenge as a compliment.  

Other than the above reminder, be sure you complete your Coffee Talk reading for Tuesday, and see if juice can be donated to help us continue this fun book club experiences, ok?  Enjoy playing in the snow (if it's not too windy).  

I'll know you checked the blog if you check out this website:  http://www.recordmp3.org/ Record yourself saying something for about 5 - 10 seconds.  Click "Save Recording".  Then after it loads, copy and paste that URL link in that little box in an email to me!  I'll listen to it before class time on Tuesday (or Wednesday depending on the weather!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...