Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wacky but Wonderfully Filled Day of Learning!

5B really did
 today!  

I can't believe how much I learned and how interesting YOUR passions were to me as I listen to you present!  Obviously, your classmates were equally interested based on all of their comments, super discussions, questions and compliments!
They aren't all posted, but here are a few from today!

Emily - Why am I (or people) so short?

Jason- What's the longest flight for a paper air plane?

Landen - How did wrestling begin (and was there one person who invented it)?

Brady, Carter and Tyler all did a super job today as well.  Tomorrow we'll hear/see from Noah and Cameron.  Keep those passions coming!  What else doing you wonder about?  


BIG NEWS!!!!
5B's question on the webinar with Steven Johnson (author and creator of PBS TV show "Where Are We Now?") DID GET ANSWERED!!!!!  Yeehaw!!  I was taking a bite of a sandwich and the host said, "And here's a question from a class in Iowa..."  I dropped my sandwich, ran to get my phone and started recording.  I didn't get to record the part where we repeated our question because my phone was across the the room, but I managed to get the majority of his answer!  


I'll know you checked the blog if you watch the video clip below and answer this question:
What did author Steven Johnson compare coding to in his answer?  


Reminders for Thursday....
Group Band
Dress Up Day - Job Day! 
 Doctor?  Inventor?  Hair stylist?  Biologist?  Coder? Teacher? Mom? Big Bird? 
(The sky is the limit!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...