Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Brandon Meets 5B!


We were lucky to have Maranda back at the start of the week, but then Brandon joined us on Tuesday. He seems to be fitting in just fine. It seems he has a lot of connections with the boys in our 5th grade in that he loves sports...football, wrestling and basketball! Hopefully, Brandon is feeling welcomed and is figuring things out with the help of Adam at his side. So glad you're a part of our class, Brandon.!

Other news... hmmm.. Well, 5th graders did an amazing job at their music program on Monday night. So, congrats to you and know I'm so proud of everyone. The crowd loved you! I know that meant a busy start to the week, so thanks for your hard work the last couple of days.

An area 5B knows they need to work on is chatting during work time. Each day this week has required reminders about talking while working or instead of working. Today required 4 reminders in about 5 minutes. 5B, I know what hard-working, respectful, responsible students I have in my homeroom. So, think about what you are doing to help or hurt your education. We'll work through this slump together, but I can only remind you how to act. It's your job to actually do it. OK? My hopes are high for Thursday and Friday.

Of course, Friday is our Big Blast. So, I'm sure everyone will want to show that 5th graders (and all the other Crestwood Cadets) deserve a party and fun and can show self-control in an exciting situation!! I'm pumped as well. I'm hoping to compete against at least of few of my 5Bers!

OK.. here are a few dates to keep in mind coming up...
Friday, Feb. 5 - Big Blast and Limo Rides in the afternoon
Monday, Feb. 8 - 1-hour early out for Student-Led Conferences!! (Yeh!!)
Thursday, Feb. 11 - Box Social Festivity with all 5th graders
Thursday, Feb. 11 - 1 hour early out for Student-Led Conferences (Yeh!!)
Friday, February 12 - NO SCHOOL
Monday, February 15 - SCHOOL IN SESSION - Make-up day

That's all for tonight... Have a good one and see ya'll Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...