Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Last Weekend 5B Blog....

Well, we are getting closer and closer, 5B.  I know everyone is getting excited for summer vacation!  I am, too.  Isaiah is counting down the days he has left of daycare when "mom and dad are FINALLY done" with school.  (Those were Isaiah's words!)

I hope the dance was fun for those who went.  I ended up not being able to going to it...lucky for you guys!

I had a rough weekend though, starting to pack up our room.  As most of you know, the grades are switching classrooms for next year.  5B's room will now be in Mrs. Tuchek's classroom.  The teachers have to have EVERYTHING moved out and over before they leave on Wednesday.  So, that means I REALLY had to get things started this weekend.  You guys will be SHOCKED at how much of a mess the room will be when you come in!  It really makes me sad to pack up all of our memories, fun, activities, etc.  So, hopefully, we can make the last 2 days full of more memories!

Tomorrow will be cleaning up/out your cubbies and lockers and helping take apart the classroom for moving.  We still plan to go to East Park in the morning, but the weather REALLY does not look good for outside time!  Do some crazy non-rain dances tonight to keep the rain away, ok!?

Remember you can bring a single snack and drink for the park trip.  You can also bring equipment like whiffle balls, frisbee discs, bats, etc.  If for some reason is raining, we'll try to do something in the afternoon, but East Park will be too crowded with 3rd graders, so we won't be heading there.

If we get stuck indoors all day, I'm fine if anyone wants to bring games from home like Bubble Talk, Apples to Apples or any other fun ones your family enjoys!

I'll know you checked the blog for the last Sunday night/Monday morning if...  you ask me, "So, what am I hearing Locker Wars?"  I'll tell you about it after we do attendance, ok?

Here's a fantastic quote I found that helps me think about our goodbyes..and what a terrible time I'm having with it....  It must have been a BRILLIANT, DEEP THINKER....


Ok, and for an extra BONUS block checking proof, I need your help making a decision.  There is NO way that we can finish our book, The Day My Butt Went Psycho.  So, I thought we could act like it's a movie/DVD and "fast-forward" to different sections, not-knowing what's going to happen. Go to this TodaysMeet Link (Click Here) and suggest 3 different sets of pages to read from.  There are 240 pages total in the book, and we are ONLY at around page 20!  So, where should we jump to next?  Like pages 82 - 86? Then 125 - 135?  And end with 235 - 240?  You suggest it and we'll do a fast-forward version of the book!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...