Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Monday, February 20, 2012

4-Day Week, 4-Day Weekend & Another 4-Day Week!!!

Wow, I wonder what it will feel like to  attend school for 5 full days in a row again?  I can't even think of the next time we will actually have a 5 day week until May????  That is bizarre, don't you think?!

Well, I'm hoping your weekend was as enjoyable as mine.  Wait, let me start over.....  AFTER THE HOURS and HOURS of SCRUBBING LIPSTICK OFF OF MY FACE, I had quite an fun weekend!!!  I don't know what I was thinking!!!??  I guess I do what I can to encourage READING, huh??  I still had a faint redness all around my mouth through Friday afternoon/evening.  We went to a hotel that had a waterpark in it, and I think the chlorine from the water is what FINALLY got it all off of my face!  I'll have photos up on the Smartboard on Tuesday to refresh your memory, and then I'll add some to the blog to share the event with your families, too!  All I will say is, "You're welcome for being such a easy-going, open-minded teacher!!!"

I thought last week was filled with all sorts of fun and excitement.  The play, finally finishing Blabberize, getting an extreme make-over!  I truly enjoyed all of it.  Those were all activities that helped "end" our units in literacy, social studies and celebrating the January Book-It participants.  We NOW are starting fresh back into new units in both literacy AND social studies.  So, we'll have to get back into a routine of check-ins, calmness and an overall feeling of "mellow".  So, I'll know you checked the blog if you greet me Tuesday morning with the phrase, "They call me mellow yellow"...  Click on this link to hear the original version of this song back in 1966.  It's pretty groovy and smooth to get you in a "mellow" mood:)  

Here's a short update of events for this week...
Tues.:  Literacy in morning, Group Band
Wed.: Normal???
Thurs.:  Nutrition Visitor Coming, Literacy in morning
Fri.:  Literacy in morning, Visit UNI in Cedar Falls for Play, wear blue & white (or Cadet clothes if possible), bring own lunch and drink, get home in time to dismiss for the weekend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...