Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Read Across America Week!

Thanks for a great week, 5B.  I hope you enjoyed Friday, too!  I thought the bus ride and play was a great way to end a super week.  We have 1 week left to earn the Cadet Pride slips we need in order to go to the movie, so let's make sure we get those counted up!

As you read in this post's title, this coming week is Read Across America.  I gave you a little heads-up about this on Friday, but a note will be sent home one day this week (probably Monday) letting you know about any special activities or items needed from home.  

In literacy, we'll be doing a few extra activities as well.  I was hoping I'd get some help from you on this.  I'm trying to track down these specific Dr. Seuss books.  If you are willing to share them with us this week, could you please bring any/all of them to school on Monday?  The more copies the better, so if I get a bunch of the same, that's ok!  



One Fish, Two Fish
The Cat in the Hat
The Cat in the Hat Comes Back
The Lorax
The Grinch Who Stole Christmas
Fox in Socks

I'll know you checked the blog this weekend if you either bring in one or more of these books, or you simply tell me you didn't have any of these at home!  

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”
― from Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...