Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tired Tuesday...

It is obvious 5B students had at least some fun over the long weekend because they were TOTALLY tired today. I shouldn't complain about students who are calm and quiet, but 5B was a little out of it after the excitement of their weekends. I guess I was a bit, too! We'll see what tomorrow brings with our energy level!

Today we made it a point to share President Obama's speech with the 5th graders. We weren't able to watch it live because of our goofy schedules, but we did share the speech with them at the end of the day. It was great to hear all of 5B's reactions and points they felt were important to take from the speech. The one that kept coming up was "don't let yourself down." I think that was a powerful message to take. When we think of any part of our school day, we should remember that phrase and ask ourselves that question, "Have I let myself down with this behavior, choice, action?" Hopefully, we'll be able to answer "no" proudly. I'll do my best to help you out in any way I can.

We finished up with the pre-band classes today as well. Students should have brought home a note explaining about band and a sheet that should be signed and returned whether students are going out for band or not. It's fun to see which instruments the kids try out for and which ones fit them the best. These notes should be back before next Tuesday.

Tomorrow 5th grade has a quiz in science over their vocabulary words. Hopefully, parents have seen students going over these words a few times. This is their first quiz in 5th grade. As President Obama explained, it is the students' responsibility to do their very best every time. Good luck studying!

Kids, I didn't get a chance to finish my horseback riding experience from the weekend. This will let me know if you've read the blog... ask me about "Spook...aka Splinter" in the morning before library. All I can say is that I'm glad I made it out alive!!!!

Have great evenings! See my 5B Blobs in the morning! Oh, remember that book orders are due tomorrow if you are interested in ordering! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...