Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Missing Out!

Well, it sounds like I missed out on a super field trip on Friday to Norman Borlaug's family farm. Ms. Klenke took pictures of our darling 5B Angles and sent them to me. From the photos, it looked like students were quite interested in learning more about the Father of the Green Revolution. Ms. Klenke reported that 5B students are a well-behaved class. That's what EVERY teacher wants to hear about her babies while she's gone. Thanks, 5B for being your respectful selves...

As we start a new week, we say goodbye to MISIC and hello to a more normal schedule (for the most part). There will be a few make-up tests from the last 2 weeks, but the rest of us can get back into our routines starting on Monday. I've recorded all students scores and explained to each student where their strength areas are in the subcategories of each subject area. If parents or students would like more explanations, I'd be happy to chat. Just get ahold of me when it works for you.

Like I mentioned earlier, this week will be "normal" for the most part. However, there is a 3-hour early out on Wednesday with the Chipshoppe Fundraiser Assembly in the morning, and on Friday, the 5th graders have their Book-It Kick Off from 2:45 - 3:15. So, there are still a few events to fit into our week. Parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, friends, the only thing you need for Friday is to show up. Everything else will be provided. It's so great to have 5B's families model the importance and enjoyment of reading! Can't wait to see you Friday.

Kids, I missed you on Friday. It was my first day of being without you this year. It made me sad to miss such a fun and important day. So, to prove you checked the blog this weekend, as you walk in the classroom Monday morning, tell me "It's OK, Mrs. Sorenson. I forgive you." That will make me feel better about missing out on our day last Friday. Thanks! See you in the A.M. Oh, and check out the Survey Question to the right of this post. Vote for your pick. Let's see which category has the highest results!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...