Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Will It Be a Full Week?? I guess we'll see!

Hey, 5B,
Even though it was short, it was a great week of getting back into our school routines.  I hope you enjoyed our guest speaker on Friday before our early dismissal.  Amanda is a true leader and has always stayed true to herself.  I'm so proud to claim her as a 5B Baby:)!!   I have 2 more guest authors coming in this week:  1 is a girl, 1 is a boy.  Neither of them have been in our school or in 5B's family.  They'll be coming on Tuesday to share their own writing and methods of how they get their thoughts down!  I'm excited for you to meet them both!

Oh, and I showed just about EVERYONE I ran into the video of our "Harlem Shake."  It just makes me smile, laugh and feel good altogether!  I know you all have it on your iPads, but I thought you'd like to share it with your parents!  I've watched it like 50 times!
Here's the link to YouTube!  (It just keeps loading for me... send me an email if you can get it to load, ok?)

This week has all sorts of fun little extras...
Monday, tomorrow, we get to meet with Connecticut again! This is Mrs. Petroski's last week in her homeroom class of Room 4, so she wanted to be sure to meet with us.  She thinks she'll still be able to keep our same Monday time with Room 4 by coming in that room each week as the "Tech Teacher"!  Isn't that awesome?!!  Also, this will be our 1st official day of our Technology Class with Ms. Klenke!  We missed it last week due to NO SCHOOL!!  So, I think you'll enjoy this addition to our schedule!

Tuesday, like I mentioned, we have 2 more guest authors sharing with us!

Wednesday doesn't have anything too wild planned, but I was thinking we bring up to Mrs. Holstrom our "Brave" act that we did for the Talent Show.  You guys said the music program would be about anti-bullying, right?  Well, wouldn't that be a great song to promote standing up for yourself??  So, remind me to see if that's something Mrs. Holstrom would be up for?  Maybe even we could record ourselves and it could be on big screen for the music program?  Let's chat more:)

Thursday may be our last day for Vault in class or it might even be our first day of getting back into switching classes for math again.  We have to get through our pretest first though:)

Friday is always a great day, isn't it?!

Also, I noticed that many of your tummies were grumbling this week about mid-morning.  I brought snacks for some of the days, but if you're feeling like you'd like to continue munching from time to time because 12:15 is a LONGGGG time until lunch, we'll always take class donations of snacks:)

I"ll know you checked the blog if you tell me which event on any of the days of the weeks (Monday - Friday) that you are looking forward to?  I've underlined the major events for each day:)  Rest up.... 5 full days may tire you out by the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...