Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

So Focused Today!

5B had such an amazing work day today!  Passion projects, "miss you" notes for Casandra, social studies work and Random Acts of Kindness cards...  You were busy, busy, busy!  If Santa is making a list and checking it twice, he would have added ALL 5B kids' names on the "Nice List!"

Keep it up!  We only have 7 days left together in the 2014 school year!  I'm both excited, stressed and sad about that!  I'm excited to celebrate the holiday season with my family.  We have A LOT to do in 7 days, so I'm a little stressed that we won't accomplish it all.  Lastly, I'm sad to say goodbye for the winter break!  You are my 5B Family, and I'll definitely miss seeing your faces everyday!

Be sure to get your social studies worksheet done (2 sides - compare/contrast and cause/effect).  Then in literacy tomorrow, we'll start up Step 5 - another report for you BOSS LADY:)

Enjoy the swimming, time at home, sleeping, imaginary dates, Boy Scouts, and all the other fun things you had planned this afternoon of freedom!

I'll know you checked the blog if you write a letter to Santa.  Write it as a way of being greedy for someone OTHER than yourself.  Try to focus on something more than an "item" to ask for.  Here's an example:

Dear Santa,
     I would like to ask you that each of my 5B students has a safe place to be every night.  There's nothing more important than my students feeling like they are in a loving and safe home.  If you could please give me this for Christmas, Santa, I would promise to be EXTRA, EXTRA good for the next year to come.

Love,
Kelly

Bring me your letter in the morning.  If it's something kind of private, that's ok.  I won't share it with ANYONE else.  Just use that caring heart, and think of how your "wishes" to Santa could help someone else:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...