Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Weird Weather for December, Eh?!

I know it's not Christmas Eve, but I'm thinking we'd all benefit from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer right about now!  Wow, this is crazy, weird weather, isn't it?  You'd think in December we would have SNOW or COLD weather issues...not FOG!

Shield off all of those sick germs,
Jackie and Kyleigh!  We miss you!
I hope everyone was safe this weekend with the fog and got to where they were planning (I know some of you had out of town plans - me too!), our 5B classmates are getting healthy again (specifically Jackie and Kyleigh), and everyone has rested up for a busy, busy last week of school before winter break.

Remember, the BIG BLAST is scheduled for Monday - wear comfy clothes for running, jumping, sliding, dancing and sweating!  Be sure you have socks, too!  5th grade gets to go from 11:00 - 11:45!  Since that is our library time, Mrs. Shekleton is going to meet with you earlier that morning to get some work done on our explorer project for Mrs. Suckow.  The day will go by quickly!  Also, I get to ride and dine with 4 5B Family members (we are family... - I remembered this time!!) and other 5th and 6th graders during the recess time.  Wooo-eeee.  It's gonna be crazy!  Now... I'm just trying to prepare you...  If this fog does NOT let up, and we are delayed for a 2-hour late start, then we most likely will NOT be having the Big Blast as scheduled.  There would not be enough time in a 2-hour late schedule for all grades to get their time in the gym.  As a result, it would probably be rescheduled for a later date.... in January :(  I know... that is a terrible possibility.  I agree with any sadness...but we'll get over it and still enjoy a great last week together!  Just hope for the best, right!?

I wanted to post a few fun photos from last week's Freeze Dance game to get our wiggles out!  It seems that the boys from our class always end up in some pretty goofy freezes!  For your entertainment...
Shake your booties, boys!

Never too old to hold hands - even in 5th grade!

Hmm... Looks like a slow dance to me?  But they
are very happy:)



Next, I wanted to share with you all about my family's trip to the North Pole riding the Polar Express!  It was SUCH as amazing trip.  I would suggest ANY family (kids, parents, grandparents, cousins, etc.) to try it some year!  Here are some photos.  I'll share some videos when I see you in class!










We also had a dancing waiter, ate cookies and the most delicious hot chocolate I have EVER TASTED EVER!!!  I want that recipe!  And it was the PERFECT temperature!  Not too hot that burned my mouth and not too cold that just tasted like chocolate milk!  

I'll know you checked the blog if you can tell me WHICH 2 students photo bombed Josh's and Landen's slow dance picture for Freeze Dance!  Whisper it in my ear as you come in.  Be sure others don't hear you!  Also, don't forget to be checking for the Christmas ornaments around the room!  There will now be 11 as of Monday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...