Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Well, well, well! We can't complain that we don't have any snow??

What's with all this white stuff?  I think I'm going nuts!
Heehehee!
I REALLY hope I get to see 5B for a full day of school on Monday!  Last week was a 2 hour delay.  I know our band members would probably like to have class BOTH days this week if possible!  Let' all do an ancient squirrel ritual dance that holds off the incredibly strong winds to allow us safe routes to school on Monday, ok?!  Make it a good one!  If you are home and checking the blog, I'd love a pic or video of what your squirrel ritual dance looked like!


Well, after school on Friday, Isaiah came with a special envelope filled with letters for you!  Mrs. Marr and the transition kindergarden kids took time to make us a special package!
 We'll have to check them out and be sure to return the special effort to them as well!  I'm hoping we'll be making another trip to their room for a February!  Let's brainstorm something sweet we could do for our little buddies!


I can't believe it is actually FEBRUARY already!  This month is probably our busiest one of the year! See below for all of the events we have to work around!
Monday, February 2 - Groundhog Day!  Will we have 6 more weeks of winter?
(I'm guessing, um... NO DOUBT!)
Wednesday, February 4 – 3 Hour Early Dismissal
Tuesday, February 10 – 5th Grade Trip to UNI in Cedar Falls, IA
Friday, February 13 – Valentine Exchanges
Monday, February 16 – No School  - Presidents’ Day
Tuesday, Feb. 17 and Thursday, Feb. 19 – Student Conferences
Friday, February 20 – No School- Teacher Compensation Day
Wednesday, February 25 – 3 Hour Early Dismissal

See what I mean?  Crazy, huh?!  Also, we'll be getting some important papers to go home on Monday (maybe Tuesday) that will need to get your families.  This will be your blog proof!  I'll want you to ask me, "So what are these so-called important papers you're yakking about, Mrs. S.?" I won't give them to you right away, but I'll be happy to get you a Cadet Pride ticket for your responsibility of checking the blog!

Also, remember to bring in your January Book-It calendar to cash it in for a free personal pizza from Pizza Hut!  
Yummy to my (or should I say YOUR) tummy!



Also, remind your families (and YOU!) about your coffee talks this week!  Be sure you are getting your assigned pages read and writing down thoughts on your recording page to help have a deep discussion.  I've read each of these books, and they have OODLES to talk about!  
If your families wanted to donate juice, that's fantastic!  Just bring it in, and we'll be sure to drink it up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...