Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Good Report from Friday!

Hey, 5B!
I stopped in to school on Saturday to check on a few things and saw a note left from our substitute teacher, Mrs. Mahr. She wrote that the day went well. She loved the Radical Readers from all classes and felt like students worked well in writing class. That is such a wonderful way to prove your respectful and responsible selves, 5B! I'm so proud of you all! And I heard that EVERYONE was there (for at least most of the day)! Sure, the one day I'm gone, you all decide to be healthy!! Heehheeee...

Today, I had the honor of watching several 5th graders dancing and singing on stage! I thought the cast from "The Wizard of Oz" did a fantastic job. I was so impressed to see students try something new and be so confident! For any of you who tried out for the play but didn't make it this time, make sure to try again. Don't give up because when it finally does happen for you, it will be worth it!! Again, great job to the munchkins and poppies!!!

Just a reminder that ITBS continues this week. 5th grade takes the first part of the Reading test on Monday. We've been working on what reading is all year long, so I have no doubts that you'll have any problems with the ITBS tests in reading class. Don't forget that your card story for writing class is due on Monday, too! We'll share some of these in class to see how gradual the stories are.

I checked the envelope for our Star of the Week (last week), and we DO have a student's name that showed up quite a few times!! Guess you'll have to wait until Monday morning to find out if it's you!!

Also, remind your parents about our invitation to our classroom this Friday, November 20 from 10:45 - 12:00. I'll be checking with kids this week to see how many families will be joining us for our activities. Again, parents are welcome to come for lunch, but we do NEED TO KNOW ahead of time. In fact, we will even asked for parents to "prepay" so moving through the lunch line will be smooth and speedy. I believe the scheduled lunch that day is chicken patty and fries.

Have a great Sunday night, 5B! I am excited to see my little sweethearts tomorrow morning! I missed seeing you last Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...