Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Super Turn-Out with Parents!

5B, I'm so glad so many of your parents could be a part of our American Education Parent Day. I know that it will be difficult to find a day or time that works for everyone, but I thought this turn-out was fantastic! Kids, I'm glad you enjoyed having your families visit. Hopefully, you told your parents how much you appreciated them spending that time with you. I also want to tell you how impressed I was with how you took "teaching" your parents/families quite seriously. Thanks for being such a great bunch of munchkins (hehhehehe).

If you haven't noticed the large bookshelf to the right of the new posts, then check it out. Right now, I've listed a few books that I've read for my own enjoyment. What I'd like to do is offer students to suggest books they've enjoyed to classmates and me! You'll need to fill out a short sheet of paper for me before I put your suggested book up there, but I'd love to share what you're reading with your friends. It seems like that's a great way for kids to get hooked on books - seeing what their friends are reading! So, ask me about the bookshelf if you think you have a book to add to it! I'll be happy to explain it to you.

Well, the votes are in... the holiday dinners seem to be the favorite school lunch. Check back later tonight or tomorrow morning, and I'll have a new survey up!

Lastly, our schedule this week is going to be somewhat normal...except that we only have 3 days, with a 1-hour early out on Wednesday! But, keep in mind, the teachers are quite excited to have a few normal days before Thanksgiving break. So, be ready for listening, learning and a bit of homework this week!! See you in the morning!! Oh, hopefully they'll be a new slide show to the right of the posts by morning. We'll see how well my computer is working!:)

1 comment:

  1. it was great i finnally got on the blog.YEAH I DID IT!

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments...