Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Monday, November 9, 2009

A Little of This, A Little of That

Tonight's post will cover quite a few topics. I'll send a note home tomorrow with similar information, but I thought I'd highlight some of the ideas....

Today was a great day, 5B! Respectful, hard-working students all day long! Keep it up. If you are one of the chatter bugs from word study today, just make sure to think about it before class tomorrow!

Thanks to students and parents for making it to conferences last week. I am extremely happy to report that EVERY single family made it for conferences! That doesn't always happen, so thank you so much for coming in, chatting about 5th grade and giving or taking suggestions to continue a good year! For any parents that asked for additional information from a particular class, I'll be getting things out to you or passing on your messages this week. Also, thanks to the students who braved it and came to their own conference! (I know some of you couldn't come because of scheduling problems, so thanks for trying.)

This week is the start of ITBS. See the schedule below when tests are and what subject areas...
Wednesday, Nov. 11 Math - Prob. Solving
Thursday, Nov, 12 Science
Friday, Nov. 13 Trial Test (taken in science)
Monday, Nov. 16 Reading (part 1)
Tuesday, Nov. 17 Math Concepts/Estimation
Wednesday, Nov. 18 any make-up tests
Thursday, Nov. 19 Reading (part 2) and Vocab

Along with ITBS the next 2 weeks, we have a Veteran's Day assembly on Wednesday from 10:15 to 10:45. Then the FOLLOWING Wednesday, Nov. 18, is a 3-hour early out.

The Germ Bug hit 5B today. One student was out sick, and 3 others went home with fevers today. Remember to keep hands washed/sanitized. Cover your mouth/nose with coughs and sneezes. Try NOT to share/borrow too many items from each other to limit the passing of germs. Hopefully, we can stay somewhat healthy. Cross your fingers.

Responsibility was and will be tested more and more this week in literacy class. Students had a writing flipbook and pages to read for today (Monday). I was disappointed to find a handful of students NOT done with these 2 assignments. After all, there was a 3 day weekend. Students heard of my disappointment and know that it is a sign of disrespect. A habit of not getting homework done will result in spending time at recess and/or Mr. Wiley's classroom. Parents, could you double check with your 5B student to make sure work is done. 5th graders are old enough to be repsonsible for their own work, but a helpful reminder once in a while isn't so bad. Thanks! I'd like to think students will be more responsible from now on.

Finally, I just wanted 5B to have a heads up that I will be gone for a bit at the end of the week. I'll be gone Thursday morning for a school meeting, but I'll be back at lunch time. Then Friday, I'll be gone the whole day. I'll be spending time with some family. So, I just wanted my babycakes to know I don't get as many days with them this week.

I'll know you checked the blog tonight by letting me know what little angels you'll be when I'm gone on Thursday and Friday!!! Don't forget to check the poll. It closes tomorrow, and I think there's only 10 votes at this point!! Have a good night!! Stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...