Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Wow, Starting Another Week??

5B, I feel like every time I blink, another week has gone by and our time together just keeps getting shorter and shorter. Before I know it, I'll be a blubbering mess of tears, sending you off for the summer, wishing you well in 6th grade! Yikes, time is flying by this year.

I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend. I have a few bits of information to share and celebrate with you.

The first big and exciting news is A BABY GIRL was born to Mrs. McCabe on Sunday! Yeh for the McCabe family. Her name is Livia Ann. She has dark hair and blue eyes. She weighs 8lbs. 8 oz. Yippee for Mrs. McCabe and her husband. As soon as I get a picture, I'll make sure to let you see it. Yes, we'll miss seeing Mrs. McCabe in the building, but I'm sure we're all very happy for their new family!!

The second news to celebrate is another special person. He also had a birthday this weekend. We actually celebrate it on Monday. He made a huge impact on our country and the world. I'll give you some hints, but I'm not going to tell you his name. That will be the way you proved you checked the blog. After going through my hints and even asking your parents for help, write down the name of this important man in history and give it to me as you walk in on Monday morning. OK??
Hints: Born on Jan. 15
Known for Civil Rights Movement,
Fought for Peace
Shared famous speech, "I Have a Dream...."
**If you're still unsure, check to the right of this post, and watch the video.

Other heads up... Let's see, Monday is the busy start to our week. So, make sure to check the Morning Message right away to see what you should be doing to get our morning moving smoothly. I'll have a job for you to work on after your science/soc. st. materials are out. Come in quickly, and get started.

OK. Get rested up. If there are not goofy weather days, this week will be our first FULL week since the beginning of December. Now, that's crazy!!

See you soon,
Mrs. Sorenson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...