Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Thursday, March 8, 2012

IMPRESSIVE....

Hey there, 5B Top Dogs (wuff, wuff, wuff, wuff)!
Impressive... that's the word that Mrs. Steffen used when describing 5th grade behaviors on Thursday while I was gone!  Yippee!!!!  I SOOOOO love to hear that kind of reaction to spending a day with you!  I  agree, of course!  I was so glad to see the note from the sub today! Thanks for making me proud, and doing what you always do to show Cadet Pride!

My day was a good one, too!  I got to see a really cool school in Ankeny, meet 5th graders LIKE YOU, and learn a few things about LEAD 21.  It was neat to see other 5th graders reading from their book club books and working on their "Theme Questions" like we do, too.  Something we do differently though is our "Coffee Talks."  I didn't see anyone doing anything like that!  Also, they don't have Smartboards or use laptops or Ipads very much, unlike us!  So, I learned some things from them, and they learned some things from us, too!


I'll be checking to see if you memorized the song you learned in writing today.  It does kind of get stuck in your head, doesn't it!  Also, I was wondering what you thought of the video of "Tumbletown Reads"?  Wasn't it hilarious??!!!  I loved it!  I heard you didn't have any time to work on your news/fact sheets, so I'll give you some time on Friday.  Also, I am hoping to have a "Newspaper Staff Meeting" on Friday in writing class, so bring your hats if you haven't yet, and I'll supply the doughnuts for our gathering!  OK?


I'll know you checked the blog if you come in to class on Friday, have seat like normal, wait for the attendance and pledge to be done, then when I ask the class, "Who checked the blog?"  Raise your hand.  I'll have to stand up and do a cartwheel for me!  THAT'S how I'll know you really checked the blog!  Don't worry, if you can't do a cartwheel, it's ok!  You can do a "jump the puddle!"  Can't wait to see my little gymnasts in action!  And guess what? TOMORROW IS FRIDAY!

See ya'll soon!
~Mrs. Sorenson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...