Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Well? What's In Store for This Week?

Let's just see, 5B...  Ya think we'll have a somewhat "normal" week?  I know Wednesday is a 3-hour early out already, but will we get full days for rest of the week?  Hmmm.. Only Mother Nature has the answer, right?

Homework
I hope everyone rested up.
Writing:  I know I gave homework in writing class to read through 2 of the 3 articles from  Time For Kids and find the Who, What, When, Where, Why and How of the articles.  Be sure you are responsible with our "paper" homework.  This will determine if you will get to continue having the privilege of taking home your iPads.  :)  Show me it's "easy cheesy" to be responsible! (like always)
Math: There also may have been math homework for some groups.
Reading: And I KNOW there is book club reading for ALL groups for this week.  Rescue on Ruapehu is the only one that has it for Monday.
Also, your Inquiry Group may want to start thinking about what kind of presentation you'll be wanting to do and what materials may be needed.
Social Studies:  Check out music that you think is a good fit for your iMovie project.

Conferences
Also, I wanted to remind you and your families of the bright pink parent note that SHOULD have come home last week (at least by Thursday).  That is the conference link for parents to sign up for conferences.  It's a MUST that you (5B student) be at your conference since you will be LEADING it:) I'll be sending home a paper note to be sure all families get this important message.  5B students will start working on our Student-Led Conferences Monday or Tuesday already of this week!

Upcoming Events!
This Week...
Monday:  switch groups for Cadet Time
Wednesday:  3-hour early out

Next Week...
Friday:  Special STEM activity for ALL 5th graders (Lime Springs is coming over!)
Friday:  Valentine's Day:) Note will be coming home, too!

Ok.. I hope everyone enjoyed their weekends... I'll know you checked the blog if you vote for your opinion on the 2 DIFFERENT SURVEYS at the top right side of the blog.  The one that is titled Super Bowl and the Weather Predictions.  Then tell me what you voted for on Monday as you come in:)

Ok.. in honor of my husband....
Go




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...