Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Fantastic Fall Weekend...


As much as I struggle with saying goodbye to summer or warm weather, I have to say the colors of fall really do excite me and just give me a such a relaxing feeling.  As I go around town, I see all of the fall decorations of gourds, pumpkins, corn stalks, etc.  It's really cool to see how things can change so drastically and still be fabulous.  That's a great way to look at life, don't you think?  Sometimes changes can be difficult, but if we give them a chance, we may see what "awesomeness" they can bring!  Wow, that's pretty deep for the start of the week, huh?!

Well, I hope you enjoyed your weekends.  It sounded like many of you had fun things planned.  Hopefully, you got to do them:)

This week should be pretty "normal"...whatever that means, right?!  Our only schedule change will be on Tuesday, and that's our special assembly hosted by Dan Wardell from IPTV.  If you haven't seen him or have never watched IPTV (where pbskids.org) is on, then you'll be a first timer:)

I'll know you checked the blog this weekend (or at least before Monday morning) if you visit the Iowa Public Television website (CLICK HERE) and play ONE of the games from the huge list!  They are mostly for younger kids, but that's ok!  So, the proof will be to PLAY that ONE game, but give it a rating for how helpful it would be for younger kids!  Go to this TodaysMeet link (click back on those words) to write down the NAME of the game you played and 2 things about it:  1) What made it fun?  2) What were kids learning to do in the game?

Here's my example!
I played Martha Speaks - Catch.  1)  It was fun because it was about dogs.  Most kids like animals!  2) It help kids learn about new words (vocabulary).



Don't forget GROUP BAND at 8:20 MONDAY MORNING!  Also, a few of you have lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...