Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Wonderous Wednesday!

What a DAY, 5B?!
Let's look back to see what we accomplished?  It was QUITE a lot!

Finish Swear to Howdy - Check!  

Whoa!  What a roller coaster of emotions we had through this book!  From hilarious, surprising, gross, painful, scary, sad, shocking, and so on.  I'd have to say this author gave us a little bit of everything!

Bravo to Wendelin Van Draanen!  We'd love to read a sequel if it is ever published!





Challenge Our Brains - Check!

You guys are all so original!  As I walked around to see all of your levels in Trace that you created for a partner, I imagine that any one of you could be a creator of an app that uses problem solving and creativity!

We will continue to use Trace to challenge our minds to use strategies!





Learn a New Way to Take Notes - Check!

Most of 5B seemed to get that hang of this quite easily!  Visual note-taking seems to be natural for some of you.  It appears to a strength for Lyli!









Celebrating October's Fun - Check!

I've heard this story probably 30 or more times, and I don't get sick of it.  The author's expression when sharing the story is a fantastic model for ANYONE every reading!

Click Here to SEE Jerry Seinfeld in his LIVE stand up act in New York telling the story of Halloween! (This is optional or if you want your parents to see it, I'll bet they'll LOVE it!)



It was also fun to celebrate October by Reading with Someone in literacy jobs.  I think many of you chose to read scary and haunted stories!  It's always nice to have a buddy when reading something kind of spooky.





And I have to say the best part of my day was when I walked into the classroom after lunch and EVERYONE was waiting quietly with their afternoon materials out, sitting patiently ready to continue the last part of our Kahoot game!  OMG!  MODEL CLASS!!!!!!!

I'll know you checked the blog if you watch this short video below.  I'll know you checked the blog if you can tell me how you felt after watching this.  If you are at school, it may not come through for some reason.  So, if that's the case, you can just tell me about the other parts of the blog, and I'll know you checked.  Please DON'T tell anyone else about the video.  I want to share something extra with you tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...