Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Well, What a Friday Surprise We Had, Eh?!

I was REALLY disappointed right when I heard that school was going to be cancelled on Friday!  Then, about 15 minutes later... I got over it!  I actually came to school and worked for about 3 hours, spent some time at home (working on activities for school) and then relaxed a bit.  Isaiah and I went to Dolphin Tale 2 that night.  It was a nice little surprise to start the weekend!

Hopefully you enjoyed your surprise day as well.  I was thinking.  It would have been fun to see what people are up to on days like those.  So, the next time we have a cancelled day of school (most likely it will be due to snow, not fog again), I'll put up a TodaysMeet to see what everyone is up to!  You can just go check it anytime during the day (if you have access to Internet) and see what your 5B Family is doing:)  I did this the last 2 years with my homerooms.  We often didn't miss a SINGLE day of contact with each other because of it!  See how technology keeps us all CONNECTED (fist bump, fist bump!)

Well, with one LESS day last week, that means we're going to have to work out tails off this week!  We have a lot of projects and activities planned, and I'm thinking the ONLY way to accomplish them is FOCUS, EFFICIENT, and RESPONSIBLE 5B students!  Since last week was Character Counts week, let's see how often we can still catch each other showing Cadet Pride!

Here's our week...
Monday: 
Group Band
Library (picking out a book to read with Pre-K buddies for our visit - a book on the topic your buddy enjoys:  kittens, snakes, tractors, dogs, camping, turtles, etc.)
Story with NYC 5B "I'm Right Behind You"  (I got it from Matt!  It's a SUPER beginning!)
Movie Trailers for Halloween stories
Preparing for Socratic Seminars

Tuesday:
One for the Murphys - NEED TO READ!
Visit to Pre-School Building - We'll be walking, so think about the chilly mornings.
Story with NYC 5B "I'm Right Behind You"
Movie Trailers for Halloween stories
Preparing for Socratic Seminars

Wednesday: 
One for the Murphys - NEED TO READ!
Movie Trailers for Halloween stories
Get "Graveyard Boogie" back and finish its ending!
Preparing for Socratic Seminars

Thursday:
Group Band
Movie Trailers for Halloween stories
Get "Graveyard Boogie" back and finish its ending!
Socratic Seminar #3! Topic:  Halloween!

Friday - Halloween!
Skype with NYC 5B to share each story!  Socialize also!
Share Movie Trailers for Halloween stories!
Book-It Kick Off!  Parents coming in, reading, eating!
Go get ready for trick-or-treating!

See how busy we will be?  The ONLY way it's possible is to have an absolutely 100% Effort Filled Week!  Can we do it?  You know the answer!!

Ok, I'll know you checked the blog if tell me as you come in "I'm going to the circus tent table to find my new spot!"  I'll say, "Sounds good!" Look for your name on a post-it note.  It will say your name at the top and "to _________" at the bottom.  That means you move to the other person's home!  

We have band RIGHT away (grrrr...Mondays and Band - don't get me wrong... I'm glad you're in band...just not first thing on Monday mornings).  So please check out your NEW JOBS, too!  Let's kick off this week with some HOOT and HOLLERS!  

Now stop reading... and get outside and enjoy the fresh, fall air!





I mean it...







Stop reading....   













Seriously....  












Why are you still reading?  Don't you listen?
















Um... hello?  Go away now!   I'm not kidding....
































Wow, you're stubborn!  Ok.. See you Monday morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...