Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, March 20, 2016

We're Needing a Break.....Don't You Agree?

5B,
I sure hope people got some time to relax, chill and just rest up.  We've been working like crazy the past few weeks with Iowa testing, writing projects, book clubs, Luther projects, classroom tests, etc. As we all get a little overwhelmed with work and stress, our patience seems to get a little shorter.  We kind of saw that with some football issues at recess and some friendship problems happening this week.  We also have had more chattiness happening the past 2 weeks or so, than most of the year.  So... just remember this....
4 Days... I know we can hold it together for 4 days... OK?  
Let's work as a team!
Help each other be patient!
Model great Cadet Pride!
Chat at the RIGHT times!

On Friday people worked together to help OTHERS who are not as fortunate as we are.  The green wall was FILLED with grains of rice from LEARNING for you and then EARNING for others! After I added up the total grains of rice reported on the green wall, your grand total of rice grains is....

A BIG NUMBER... 

(You'll have to wait until Monday! Ha!)

However, it IS an amazing amount!  Look at the wonderful things that can be done when people work together towards a common goal or cause!  Keep it up on your own now!

This weekend went by quickly, but I was able to "hang" with a few 5th graders!  I ran in the 5K this weekend - a big Irish celebration in Cresco.  Look who else ran in it?  It was VERY VERY VERY COLD!  I was impressed to see people out and about!  If you ALSO ran in it, and I missed you, I'm sorry!  I just happened to see Landen and Tristan as they crossed the finish line!  Great job, guys!

I also got to see another 5B Family member (we are family) at church playing his saxophone for the service!  You go, Spencer!  Great job all of you who get out there and are so busy over your weekends!



Oh, BIG, BIG NOTICE!  Our book orders were NOT even processed when I put in the order last month!  THAT'S what's been taking so long!  I'll be sending home a note to families explaining what happened, but NOW they are confirmed to be processed and should be shipped this week!  Goodness me!  So sorry for how long they taken!

Finally, blog proof!  Well, what should we do for a Monday morning of a 4 day week?  Hmmm.. I'd like you help out a bit by erasing a section of the green wall and adding a simple Easter or Spring drawing to it.  That will help us remember that it is NOT far away, and we can make it 4 days!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...