Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Time for a Change!

Yep, you guessed it at the end of the day! Remember, as soon as you come in Thursday morning, start clearing out and re-organizing your materials to move them to your new home. I tried to look at your 1st quarter reflections to put you near "helpful" friends. Of course, I couldn't make it work for everyone this time. Don't worry, we've got several months of school still:)
I also can't believe the change in the weather from yesterday to today! Yikes! This is a definite reminder about appropriate clothing for the time of year. You'll be outside for recess unless it gets below freezing, so if you are at all cold now, make sure you are bringing warmer coats,
gloves, hats, etc. Also, think about extra shoes with the wet and mushy ground from rainy and sleety weather.

Don't forget your family homework for reading class! Remind your parents to call, email, send me a message or something if they are
feeling confused at all. Thanks for those students who forgot your passwords at school, but called or emailed to get them! I think that is VERY RESPONSIBLE. Payton and Brenda, grab a yellow ticket in the morning! Glad to see you are doing your work!

You did a great job as Research Police today, but I would love to hear the sirens showing you've found your evidence! I'll be rewarding groups tomorrow for their enthusiasm and ability to make progress in reading class tomorrow! Great work, Detectives!

Lastly, I need your help with our transition times. 5B works so well, can be so respectful and caring, is so much fun to joke around with, but seems to have a tough time getting straight to planners at end of the day. Your proof for checking the blog will be to come up with 2 suggestions to help improve this. You could come up with a fun phrase to get everybody ready or you could suggest the class loses 5 minutes at recess for every reminder needed to get back on track. Whatever you think will help the class would be great! Write down your 2 suggestions and hand them to me in the morning. I'll share them with the class and we'll vote on one to try!

Sorry it got so long! But I missed you all afternoon....my little 5B Babies...

2 comments:

  1. ummm.. Sorry but I was just laughing my head off not to be mean or anything but you typed Payton and BRENDA!!!! instead of brendan you said Brenda....Again.

    bye-bye
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA that is funny




    PAYTON HANNI

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments...