Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Monday, April 15, 2013

Mouthy Monday....Yet Again...

Well,
5B, as nice is it is to be together again as a 5B Family, I'm feeling that I'm not so pleased to see/hear the chatting once again happen in literacy rounds. I'm hoping the class goal will help you remember that your actions affect yourself AND your classmates.  OK?  Tuesday, we will officially begin the 5B Class Goal and possible Pizza Party Reward.  I liked everyone's ideas today, but I have to be honest, I was disappointed at how many people thought it was my job to supply everything for any of the ideas.  I know we like to joke around in class, but I'm starting to feel like 5B has students that are giving off a "greedy" feeling.  Not sure I'm down with that.  So...  let's think about how to be the "nicest, generous, thoughtful and caring" version of ourselves that we can be.  We all have it in us to be grumpy, lazy, rude, or disrespectful (that's including me, too).  But it's whether we CHOOSE to act those ways or not, that makes the difference in our behaviors.  It's kind of a tug-o-war game.  What you choose is the side that wins.  You see?
Which one do you want the rest of us to see?  Honestly?

With my plans of being gone Wednesday through Friday, I'm hoping you'll show the 2 substitute teachers your best sides.  I sure wish I could see them more often lately.  That would be a pleasant return to see notes describing top model students.

Ok.. Enough reminders.. You get it, right?  Now, just fix it:)

Big things this week:
Wed:  MISIC - Reading Test, PTO meeting at 5:30 in Discovery Center
Thurs:  Puberty Class
Fri:  MISIC - Language Arts Test

I'll know you checked the blog if you watch this video of a dog being tempted.  Watch his/her self-control, he/she avoids the distractions, is so tempted but can easily put him/herself back in the right mind of "self-control".  Tell me if you are like this dog, or need more "training" from your master as you come in.  You may even get a treat if you do your job:)  Good boy, good girl....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...