Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Wonderful-Weathered Weekend! Wowser!

Now, I could used to THIS kind of weather, can't you, 5B?!  Loving it!

The only not-so-pleasant thing about this weather, is now it's time to de-poop my backyard.  Ewwww...

 Lots and lots and lots... of Ebony (and probably Lincoln from the fall...sniff, sniff, tear, tear) droppings to pick up!  I asked Isaiah if he wanted to go play outside Saturday morning and he said it wasn't safe.  I wondered why he was thinking our backyard was dangerous in some way.  I was thinking like strangers or something scared him.  Oh, no, that would have been too easy.  He said we might get sucked into all of the poop out there!!   So, that's our clue to clean up the backyard:)

I hope everyone had a great weekend.  It was great to include Bryer in class even though he is home recovering from his surgery.  It too bad Dylan was sick.  We should've seen if he was up to it.  Hopefully Dylan will be feeling better and back on Monday.  Happy Birthday to Austin on Sunday!  You think he's ready for a birthday dance on Monday??  Maybe even do it outside if it's nice??



Topics to Think about this Week
1.  Starting back into Flipped Classrooms with Social Studies and Tech class together.  Be sure to be responsible, check for any work and post on Todaysmeet.com.  Easy points to earn or miss.

2.  3-Hour Early Out on Wednesday!

3. PTO meeting Wednesday night!  (Prizes to anyone who encourages his/her parents to come to the meeting!!!  Oh, yeah, baby!!)

4.  Nice weather - but it's NOT summer!  Still bring jackets, maybe extra shoes from the muddy ground and even hats/gloves for the chilly mornings.

5.  MISIC testing starts THIS FRIDAY, April 12 for 5th grade.  You are free to bring a snack for "brain food" on any MISIC testing days.  Think about healthy snacks that give you energy:)  No drinks please.

6.  Guinness Book of World Records attempt for at least 300 people gathered to wear PILGRIM HATS will be next week, I think.  There are special rules or measurements for the hats, so I'll keep you posted! I believe this is just a K-8 activity.

7. Upcoming Class:  Puberty!  How lucky are you??!!  I get to be a part of it, too.  We'll be having this class once a week on Thursdays.  It will start NEXT week.  One of our school nurses will be leading the class!  Don't worry...you'll survive...

8.  Major 5th Grade Field Trip:  We have a big field trip coming up.  On May 3 we have an all-day trip planned.  I have 2 volunteer parents already committed to be chaperones on this trip.  I'm looking for 1 more from 5B.  If possible, we'd love to have a "dad" along.  So, if you think your dad in interested, has the opportunity to have that day off, and wants to hang out with yahoos like us (that's including me, don't worry!), then please let me know ASAP.

I'll know you checked the blog if you tell me how many topics were in the list to look ahead at this week!  It should be a pretty easy one to prove!

See you all soon!  Enjoy the awesome weather!  Get outside and stop reading this blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...