Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Goodbye October... Hello November!

Wow, 5B, isn't this crazy?  We are already starting NOVEMBER!  That seems crazy to me.  Before you know it, we'll be taking a break for Christmas.  I can't get over how quickly our busy days just are gone.  But how lucky are we today?  We got to set the clocks BACK an hour!  Boy, oh, boy do I LOVE that!  The only part I do NOT love, is that it now gets darker sooner in the day.  Ugh... Me no likey!  (Yep, I sound like a caveman!)

First of all, please be sure to thank your family members who were able to come in and read and snack with you on Friday.  I think this is a record for 5B attendance!  I think we had 18 of 20 families who helped share the love of reading for Book-It's Kick Off!  It's obvious how important spending time reading and being with family!  (Oh, and the snacks are nice, too!)

I hope everyone enjoyed their Halloween evening.  I saw a few of you either trick-or-treating around town and some of you at my house.  Let's see... I think it was Josh and Ethan at first at my house.  I believe Kyleigh and Emily and a bunch stopped by later on, but my husband was handing out candy that time.  I'm sorry I missed you, ladies!  I know I saw Jacy with buddies out and about on Elm Street.  There were some 5D students, too - Hannah, Abby, Kendal... I must be getting old!  I can't remember at the moment.  Sorry if I saw you and didn't mention it.

Isaiah had a good time, too.  He liked giving out candy more than the trick-or-treating though, I think!  I'll have to remember that for next year.  His favorite item was the glow-in-the-dark wrist band from the fitness center.

A couple heads-up for this week...
Monday:
Group Band
Conference Online Sign-up is opens up at 9:00 a.m.!!  Remember, your parents should pick time/day that YOU are able to come to the conference, too. Use the directions on the peach colored note sent home from last week. The link is under the "Parent Information" tab on the school's webpage.

Tuesday:
If you haven't signed up yet for conferences, please do!

Wednesday:
If you haven't signed up yet for conferences, please do!

Thursday:
Group Band
Chip Shoppe Fundraiser Delivery - need to pick up items you ordered and deliver them to your customers (after school through 6:30 p.m.)

Friday:
If you haven't signed up yet for conferences, please do!

Remember to have your families return the bottom portion of the blue note that I sent home on Friday about any information that needs special discussions during our conference time.  If EVERYONE can get that sheet turned back in by Wednesday of this week results in something special!

I'll know you checked the blog this weekend if you ask me in a dramatic, very curious voice, "What is the MAJORLY HUGE task you are going to CHALLENGE us with, Mrs. Sorenson?" Be sure to add the extra expression!

It's a job I've NEVER asked ANY 5B class to do before!!!  You think you can take it on???????  Hmmm... We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?!  Muuahahahahaaaaaa!

And added bonus for checking the blog...  You can bring 3 pieces of Halloween candy from home to snack on during literacy class in the morning.  If you check the blog at school in the morning, then just do the regular part from above and tell me you checked at school and weren't able to bring it from home.  I just may have something for you:)  Remember though, no peanut products of any kind, right?

Ok.. Have a good Sunday night with an extra hour sleep:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...