Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Happy SNOWY Weekend, 5B!

Well, our little "tweak" to the Pledge of Allegiance last Friday seemed to work, alright!  Didn't it?  I'm curious how many of you were excited about the result or disappointed.  I love how it looks outside, but I am NOT ready for the bundling up and constant cold feeling running through my body!
Click Here to see our Pledge on Youtube!

Last week was a fun-filled week for the reading students with me (Mrs. Sorenson) with 2 exciting reading events happening!  Be sure to share with your families about both of them if you haven't yet!  It was great to see that any age of student can converse about a book or what he/she is reading.  Great conversations were had in all groups!  Excellent job!


Then on Friday, we had a little "Coffee Talk" experience where the kids had real, honest and natural discussions about the books they read.  I was truly impressed how the book clubs were reading and BEYOND!  We plan to continue these from Thanksgiving to Christmas!  Yes, yes, yes!

And thanks to the very generous families who donated juice for our first "Coffee Talk."  We LOVED it and wanted more! :)







In writing class we've focused completely on...
Know how writers put together NONFICTION writing will be EXTREMELY helpful in our LONG and HUGE upcoming PROJECT for Writing and Reading classes!  So, keep up the great effort in learning these:  Description, Compare & Contrast, Sequence, Chronological, Problem & Solution and Cause & Effect!  Yep!  That's all of them!

Ok.. some heads up... 
Last week was a pattern of UPS and DOWNS...  I'd like for us to work together and break that pattern by having 2 UPS days in a row!  I know we can do it IF we W.A.I.T. (Why Am I Talking?) and T.H.I.N.K. right?!  












Because it's a goofy 2 days, we need to remember to....








Also, PLEASE-O-PLEASE remember how much your home family and school family cares about you and WEAR the APPROPRIATE WARM, WINTER clothes for recess!  Those students without hats, warm coats, gloves, and boots (and I'd say snow pants, too) will need to do some chatting with the teachers and principal about making mature and healthy choices.  If your family does NOT have any warm winter clothes, PLEASE see me about it, and we'll try to help you out in some way!  Ok?  I care about my 5B Babies (mama, mama!)

Finally...  when you come in on Monday morning, I'd LOVE for you to share with the class (and me!) what your weekend was spent doing, so get right onto KidBlog (use the 5B Blog link) and write a post about it.  I'll have the password out as a reminder. Do this after you get your attendance turkey in place and materials out for switching!  I'll see you getting on KidBlog and know you checked the blog instantly!  Enjoy the rest of your COLD Sunday evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...