Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Yikes.... It's Past 6:30! Sorry!

Hey, All, I'm sorry!  My time got away from me tonight (that's an idiom!)

We've had a pretty good week starting off 2016.  However, today's library class did not demonstrate that for most of the class.  I feel like there were too many followers, and not enough leaders today.  Everyone gave excellent and helpful suggestions about how to make Friday positive.  Here are a lot of your ideas....

1)  Talk less
2)  Be on your iPad ONLY when you're supposed to
3)  T.H.I.N.K.
4)  Quiet in line
5)  Focus on the teacher more
6)  Be happy!
7)  Raise your hand instead of blurting
8)  Use Whole Body Listening
9)  Be on the apps that are assigned for class
10) Stay in your spot unless you need to move
11) Think about others
12) Listen better

These all came STRAIGHT from you, 5B!  There were more, but I believe I got most of the ones said because there were some repeats of T.H.I.N.K, listen better, and talk less.

Let's turn the disappointing, untrustworthy and disrespectful behaviors that happened today into a LEARNING OPPORTUNITY.  We learned today that many others were affected by being off task.  Show that you truly are part of our 5B Family (we are family) by thinking of US (a team!) instead of just me (1 person).  Blog proof tonight will be to come in Friday morning, and write YOURSELF a reminder note about something you'll do to HELP the TEAM today.  Put your name on it.  Don't tape it anywhere, because I want you to keep it with you all day.  Not rolled up, wrinkled, ripped or shoved in a pocket, but wherever you are, it should be out for YOUR eyes to see and remember.

 A note I may write to myself could be....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...