Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Friday, December 30, 2011

Last Post of 2011!

How are my 5B Babycakes doin'?  It's been such a long time since I've chatted with you!  Luckily, I've run into a couple of you here and there (Kirsten at Wal-Mart and Alison peeking out her front door).  I hope you've been enjoying the fun times and family these past days off from school.  I definitely have had some good times and have rested up!

I was pretty excited to share with you a few gifts I got for Christmas that will benefit the class!  I ended up getting 2 (yes, two!) digital cameras.  I'm going to use one for home and one for school!  This will become new class job for us.  I'll have 2 people in charge of taking photos during the week during class activities and lessons.  These 2 people will need to upload the pictures to my computer, so I can add them to our screen saver and some blogs!  This new class job will be called "Photographers"!  (Makes sense, huh?!)

Other "gifts" I got that I wanted to share with you are not actual "objects".  They are more like opportunities.  We have the chance to be pen pals (or more like Email pals) with students from 2 different areas.  One is quite close, in Heartland, Wisconsin.  The other one is all the way across the globe right between Africa and Asia in a country called Dubai (pronounced like Doo Bye).  Doesn't that sound AWESOME!  I'm so pumped!

I won't post anything else on the blog until I see you again on Tuesday, Jan. 3.  So, I'll give you some reminders about life back in 5th grade (yeah, I know, you don't care right now....).  Too bad, I'm going to remind you anyway!
Due Tuesday, Jan. 3
Book-It Calendars!!  Remember, if your "Team" has the most members meeting the goal, I'll be happy to be treating you quite well on that first Friday back to school!  So, we can ONLY count the ones that come in ON Tuesday for this challenge.  Of course, you'll get your free pizza from Pizza Hut when you hand your calendar in.
Whole First Week Back
You'll be working on your Inquiry #2 Projects for Literacy.  I've grouped you with people that have the same interests as you do with the invention list we brainstormed that last day before break.  I think you'll enjoy the website we're going to use to present our information!  Be ready to research!

Ok...this is probably the LONGEST post this year, so I'll wrap it up!  This will be a true test to see who checks the blog most!  (even on vacation)  Look at the 2012 Wordle added to the top right section of the blog.  Find 4 words in the Wordle that might be fun for you in 2012.  Write them down and share them with me when returning on Tuesday morning! This will be tough to remember to do.

Have a great rest of your vacation.  Happy New Year to all of my 5B Angels (ding).  I'm excited to welcome the 2012 with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...