Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Hey, 5B, hopefully you were able to spend a little or a lot of time with your moms, step-moms, grandmas, aunts or anyone else who has taken care of you, loved you and made sure you were safe.  I had a great day with my family.  Isaiah and Jason took me out for a big brunch in Decorah.  I was so stuffed I couldn't even stop by the Whippy Dip for ice cream!  Maybe next time, I guess.  And now I'm sitting outside enjoying the beautiful spring weather while Isaiah paints on a picture of Thomas the Train.

Wasn't Friday's trip to St. Paul AWESOME?!!  My only bummer was that I couldn't be with all of my 5B Babycakes.  I have lots of fun pictures of my group while exploring the museum, but I don't have many of anyone else.  I guess we'll have to get some 5B Family pictures this week with all 23 of you here and HEALTHY! RIGHT?!

I think this week will REALLY test all of us as 5B students (and teacher).  With so many goofy, off routine events the past month or so, we NOW have a completely FULL week of school with NO interruptions or breaks.  That normally sounds fantastic to me, but I think we all will be dragging a bit slowly this week to get back into the routine of classroom expectations, less side-chatting, and yes, HOMEWORK.  Just because we're getting to the end of the year doesn't mean that we expect any less of you.  In fact, you're NOT off the hook until you officially start your first day of vacation on Wednesday, May 23rd!  Got it!!  So, no whiners this week or next...

*Homework Due Date Change*
Of course, I'll give time in class on Monday, but I need to move the 5th Grade Memory writing piece to be due on Tuesday.  Sorry.  You'll still get to bring  your snack and drink, but it will be for Tuesday, NOT Wednesday.

Also, Monday will be our last Nutrition class with Kaitlin.  So, let's see who remembers their May calendars for the final prize!

I'll know you checked the blog last night, if you come in and tell me which TEAM you think will be the FINAL winners for the 5B Competition.  Then head to your spots and find ANY remaining tickets you've been collecting to add to your team's last chance!  No offense to the other teams, but I am hoping for the #1's to win this one!  Of course, I'll be happy for any Team that comes out on top though.

Oh...and of course, another priority we have this week is to use up the rest of our 174 recess minutes from MISIC testing!  Wow, what a week.  This will be our very last full week together....let's make it he best one ever!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...