Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

First Full Week of Summer...

Hey there, former 5B'ers!
I have no clue if anyone is checking the blog anymore, but I just thought I'd throw out a "Hey, how's it going?!"  to everyone.  I was just checking my "Goodreads" account to add a book to my "currently reading" shelf.  I started the Divergent series, book 1.  So far, me likey!  It takes place in the future of what used to be Chicago.  Life is WAY different.  At the age of 16, you need to choose 1 of 5 life styles you will live for the rest of your life.  You take a test to help you decide what life is best for you.  It's actually quite interesting and makes me think what it would be like to live like this.

Oh, and I am excited to share I got a Kindle last week!  I'm reading Divergent on it.  It's so nice not to have to turn pages against the wind and be able to sit outside without having the blinding light reflect back at me as a I read!  I added a list of books I'm trying to read this summer.  I wonder if anyone wants the challenge to read the same books or to compete with me.  Anyone up for the challenge??  Let me know by either leaving a comment on the blog or emailing me.  Bring it on!

I hope you're enjoying the first days of your summer vacation.  Take time to soak them in.  Just as our school year flew by so quickly, summer will do the same.  So, enjoy your ball games, swim teams, vacations, babysitting, trips to water parks, chances to sleep in, etc.  I know I'm trying to make each day count!

Take care and don't be a stranger!  Email, stop by or wave if you ever see me!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Mrs.Sorenson! I'm listening! I probably won't do a competition with you though! I'm going to a waterpark this weekend maybe. It's gonna be by the Mall Of America and so we'll get to go to the Mall too! I MISS YOU GUYS SOOO MUCH!! Every Sunday I'm like awww... I gotta do my homework and then I realize I don't have to! Anyway, I miss you and I'm listening/reading!! :3 )

    <3,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey this is jon, i have a baseball game tomorrow against decorah at 5:30 at east park justb letting u know bye :)jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey mrs.sorenson this is Brooklyn me and my babysiter are making a lemonade stand the address is 125 E 4TH street 50 cents for a cup so i hope to see you there :] <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi mrs.sorenson its destiny i was having a bad week exspecialy on sunday and a friends grandpa was fine and healthy and my freinds brother was living with his grandma and granpa and his brother went to go wake him up and found him purple and dead. and then on monday our dogs ranaway but they came back. and they ranaway again they never came back so we searched and couldnt find them but my mom was asking people and asked a friend og my dads and he got a call from a guy and he called my dad and we went to go get our dogs and me and my brother dawsen didnt no were we were going and till we saw lots of trees and we said r we turning in here and they said yes and it turs out the girl that lives there is my friend and they were there so thanks mercadez keller for keeping them safe and looking after them and i feel alot better they r u at home were they belong. and friday im going to valley fair for my aunts birthday and on saterday to my granpas house to butcher chickens so im really happy now my week is going good now! :)by mrs. sorenson i miss every one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww..that's sad. :*( Just know that I'm thinking of you!! ;)


      <3,
      Alison

      Delete
  5. I also read Divergent and now reading the 2nd book Insurgent. Both are very good and I can't stop reading- want to see what happens next.

    Happy reading to all-
    Mrs. Foster

    ReplyDelete
  6. i will do all of those things. i miss the 5b things.

    thanks
    Kyra:)

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments...