Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Another Full Week Ahead... Will the Snow Stay??

S'up, 5B!
I'm writing this post on Saturday night (thinking I may run out of time on Sunday), so I hope everyone enjoyed their weekends.  I did a little Christmas shopping in Rochester.

Never Too Old To Learn a Lesson
It was pretty busy with long lines...  I sometimes get a little frustrated with that.  So, I was being a little grumpy, waiting in line behind this lady that was taking a while.  I was wanting to get a warm apple cider in a hurry so I could get back to more items on my list.  I was getting more annoyed with this woman ahead of me because it seemed she just keep chatting with the cashier about other topics and wouldn't move on.  FINALLY, when she moved along, she looked back and smiled at me.  I was still annoyed, so I just gave her a quick grin and looked at the cashier.  She took my order.  While she was getting my apple cider with cinnamon, caramel and whipped cream (YUM!!!), I started getting out my money to pay for it.

The cashier saw me and said, "Oh, this is already paid for, ma'am."

 I was confused and said, "No, I think you're thinking of the woman who was just here.  I haven't paid you anything yet."

She laughed and said, "No, really, the woman in front of you gave me enough money for  the next person in line to get whatever they want."

It took me a while to realize what the woman had done.  She simply wanted to do a Random Act of Kindness for me in this busy, chaotic line.  I asked the cashier who she was so that I could write her a letter or send her a thank you, she told me that she wasn't allowed to share it.  It was the wish of this sweet woman that whenever she does this, she doesn't want credit for it.  She just wants to leave someone feeling happier than they were before.

Isn't that a crazy, sweet, amazing story??!!!!  It really worked!  Instead of feeling annoyed with lines, shopping and being in a hurry, all I felt was this warmth of caring and overwhelming gratitude for people like this thoughtful woman.  It changed my grumpiness immediately.  I'd love to try something like this with our class over the next few weeks.  We'll chat about it this week, ok?

Ok.. enough of my stories... I'll just do a few reminders below...
Monday -  2 groups of "Coffee Talks"
                 2nd Mystery Skype during Social Studies!!!  Game on again!  Would like to tweak our clues        
                 quickly on Monday morning:)
Tuesday - Helping Connecticut Friends present to their Board @ 8:45!  Keep getting more famous!!
Wednesday - Special Lunch Time Event -  a Surprise... You'll just have to wait and see!
Thursday -???  Nothing extra???  Pretty normal
Friday - Science Bowls due, NEW due date for Cadet Key Chains - they moved the date in case
             families wanted to buy them still!

I'll know you checked the blog this weekend if you look at the list of clues we have for IA for our 2nd Mystery Skype and think of a new clue to replace one of the old ones.  You may have to do a little research on your own, too!

Oh, and congrats again to the Purple Pancakes for their 2nd WIN!!!  You go, girls!!  I think the boys in 5B are ready to show you ladies that will not HIDE their CADET PRIDE anymore!  But, until then... the Magic Pencils are still in effect... as long as the Purple Pancakes have them and they are polite and respectful with them:)

Sorry it was a long one... Have a great rest of your weekend:)  Have fun in the snow!  Remember boots, hats, mittens, etc. for recess.  Also, Monday is P.E. so don't forget your shoes if wearing boots to school in the morning:)
Sorenson - Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...