Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Let's Welcome Gage with Our Cadet Pride...

Fun News...
It seems like we've been waiting for our new classmate for a while!  We're all excited and anxious to meet him,  I can tell.  So who is Gage??  I'll know you checked the blog if you can come up with one question you'd like to know from him.  It could be about where he lives now, where he moved from, if he has any sisters or brothers, what his last name is, if he's in band, who might be his favorite teams, what kind of music he likes, why his family moved here, etc.  As you can see, we have a lot to learn about Gage!

We'll be playing a game on Monday morning so that Gage can get to know 5B, too!  Be ready to show him what it means to be a part of 5B, ok?!  Be sure to welcome him if you see him outside.  I'm guessing he will come straight to our room though instead of recess, but I guess we'll just wait and see.

If he is outside, could you help him find our 5B line, his locker and our room, of course?  I'll be watching for a new face!

Possible Bad News...
My son AND my husband have come down with the flu:(  NOT fun at our house.  I'm trying to help them feel better and take care of them  without getting sick myself, but I don't know if I can control that very well.  So, if for some reason I'm not at school tomorrow, that means the flu has found me as a victim, too.  I've heard it is going around a lot of classrooms, so BE SURE to WASH and SANITIZE hands whenever possible.  We don't want everyone sharing this!  I know we're trying to be "sharing" students, but this is one time you can be selfish and keep your germs to yourself:)

Classroom Change News
Whether I'm there on Monday or not, you'll notice that the classroom has some changes to it.  I didn't like that bench over on the corner, so I moved it back.  Herbie and the video chair got a new spot, too.  Hailey, your desk is off by itself (kind of like an island), and the table with Tristan, Syd, Bella, and Kelsey has been turned.   It seems we're running out of room, so I'm trying to give us a better option for space.  I did spend A LONG TIME cleaning up and getting pillows, stuffed animals, rugs, etc. in homes that can stay.  PLEASE show your respect and responsibility to take care of our 5B home.  OK?

*I'm not sure if we'll change desks on Monday or another day, so just stay put at your spots for a teeny bit longer.  We have a busy morning with Gage's activity AND an ooVoo session @10:00 with our Connecticut friends.  We'll be setting up Google Docs as partners with them and writing back and forth with them this week.

Ok.. I'll let you go.  Oh, but remember 2 things... 1)  Have a question for Gage to prove you checked the blog.  2)  Look for the first ornament of December in our classroom!  Don't share where it is though.   You can tell people if you see it, just don't tell them where, ok?

**Other reminders**
Wednesday, Dec. 5 - Early Out and Book Orders Due
Tuesday, Dec. 18 - Big Blast - Need parent volunteers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...