Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Rainy Weekend... Ewwww....

Hello my, 5B Angels.. (ding...ahhhh),
Hopefully you stayed dry this weekend, and out of the rain. Ewww..so dreary!  I think I'd rather have snow??  

I absolutely LOVED our Read Your Heart Out time for National Young Reader's Week on Friday.  I thought it was time well spent and something we haven't had much time to do since we switched our literacy groups.  I wish I had taken photos of you all reading!!  I was so comfy with my own book and blanket, that I never got up to capture the moments!  Oops!  Well, it was an amazing sight!  So, thanks for everyone for taking it so seriously, and finding enjoyment the style of reading you chose!  Bring those same books each day to Read Your Heart out a little bit every day.  

Let's see...Any big plans for this week?  Hmmm..

Monday:  
New Activity with Connecticut Class - Where's Skyper, the Global Explorer?!  Have you heard of Where's Waldo?  Well, it will be something like this, but of course, since we are Skyping with Connecticut, we'll call our missing man, Skyper - the Global Explorer:)  We'll be working in teams to compete to see who can find Skyper the quickest!  I am thinking it may be a good idea to review the map of the US and the world!  The quickest teams with the most points, will get to choose where Skyper is hiding for our next meeting with Connecticut!

New Math Groups - Your letter went home on Friday with your test.  Be sure to share it with your families, get it signed and return it to school Monday.  

Also, remember, the Chip Shoppe Delivery items are ready after school on Monday!  Be sure your families get this reminder and help pick up your items.  Most of the items need to be refrigerated, so taking care of them quickly is important.

Wednesday:
3-hour early out:)

I think those are the big ones to remember for the week.  Because we have our Skype and Global Classroom meeting on Monday, I'll hold off on the "Appiteasers"on Monday, BUT I'd love to hear your suggestions for ones to share with the class.  If you have tried free websites or apps that you think the class would enjoy, please email me:  ksorenson@howard-winn.k12.ia.us 
For the websites - the link so I can check it out first and make sure it's not blocked
For apps - the name (and if possible an image of what it looks like)

I'll know you checked the blog this weekend if you ask me, "Whose team am I on for Where's Skyper?"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...