Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Last Official Post for the 5B Family of 2014-2015...

This is it.  I'm sitting here typing with tears in my eyes as I think how quickly our year has gone.  It seems I can see easily the Back to School Night when I saw so many of you, ready to enter a new world.   Did any of you think it would be as crazy as it was? I'm thinking of all the crazy, funny, silly, special, serious and proud moments we've had together. I know you wrote some sweet and thoughtful comments on the walls today. I'm sorry I stopped people from sharing them... the Mama tears started in too early... Didn't want to start already... Saving them for Thursday...

In all honesty, it has been such an amazing year of learning, laughter, caring, loving and Cadet Pride. Each of you has such a special place in my heart and will always have a "home" with your 5B Family and me.  Once you are a part of this crazy, nutty bunch of people, you're never forgotten!  Take Kyle (our Luther writing partner) a former 5B student...and Amanda (the poet), another former 5B student.  Each year, I learn so much about each one of you, your families, your ins and outs, and then I have to say goodbye... That's probably one of the toughest parts of my job...  Loving each and every one of your like you're my own...  Now, the tears are really filling up my eyes (hold on, I have to go get a tissue, wipe my eyes and blow my nose...)         Ok, I'm back...and can continue.  And yes, I really did get up and go do that!  The BEST part of ending our year, is knowing that you'll continue growing into the person you're supposed to be, one who can change the world.  I so look forward to seeing all of the things you accomplish, hearing your name from the 6th, 7th, 8th, and high school teachers.  Seeing you walk the halls as graduates with all sorts of plans...how exciting that is for me.


For our last blog proof... EVER....  I'll know you checked the blog... IF you CRAWL into the classroom through the door, so I can SWAT you with my Flower Fly Swatter one last time.  I don't want to save that for the end... I'd like to START our day with it!  Can you please be sure EVERYONE knows about this. So, please spread the word, pass it along, and tell people in the morning or tonight if they aren't regular blog checkers!  I promise, I won't swat hard!

Now.. for the last time.. I'm signing off from the 2014-2015 5B Blog....
I'll miss you all so much...
Peace Out, Homeys...

Ok, I lied... not signing off exactly yet... Please remember to feed the fish from time to time.  I have few former 5B students that have moved up in grades but still check the blog regularly and send me emails telling me the "proof".  If you are one of those kids in the future, I'll love to hear/see from you!  

Now.. I'm signing off..  I think... Well,  ok, yes, I'm done.  Toodles...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...