Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Last Week of October???? Is that possible??

5B, 
Can you believe it is the LAST WEEK of OCTOBER already?  I feel like we just started the school year and BAM!  Here we are starting the 2nd quarter of the school year!  You know what that means, right??  Our year together is starting to dwindle away...  (Sniff, sniff, tear drop, tear drop...)  My babies.... No....my babies...  

Ok.. well, at least I have 3 more quarters to chill with you, right-o?  So, I guess I'll pull myself together!  :)

We have ALL sorts of "busy"ness going on this week.  There will be some reflection about how the first quarter went, finishing up our Monster Writing Activities, maybe a few more assessments, and ending our week on Friday, October 30th with our Norman Borlaug inspired SERVICE PROJECTS!

I'm excited for ALL of our service projects.  The one that affects the most of 5B is the visit to Country Winds Manor.  Most of us will be visiting the residents or helping outside that afternoon, while just a few stay back and work on Origami bookmarks (thanks again, Aidan and Carrie, for teaching us so we can share them with others!).  For any students visiting Country Winds Manor, we will be leaving around 12:50 that day.  A few students from 5A and 5C will be joining us as well.  They were equally inspired and want to help out!  

I'm extremely excited to see 5B (and other 5th graders) show RESPECT, RESPONSIBILITY, TRUSTWORTHINESS and above all CARING throughout their services to others on this day!  

REMINDERS...
Conferences:  Sign up and Note to Return
An orange note went home on Friday about our 5th grade upcoming conferences.  The bottom portion is to be filled out by your parents and returned ASAP to help the teachers be sure they give Moms and Dads all the information they need to feel satisfied.  Of course, if there's something else YOU want to add to it, please feel free.  

This is the part we need returned soon so we have time to gather any additional information or chat with other teachers if necessary, ok?  Thanks!  

Writing Homework:
Be sure your Monster Drawing/Coloring is done for Monday morning!  We will begin the writing portion of this activity.  Remember... KEEP THE DRAWING SECRET!!!!! 

Finally... ah, yes, blog proof!  Today my family is going to carve our pumpkins for Halloween. Isaiah has been very anxious and COUNTING THE DAYS to do this.  Well, today's the day!  Since I think of all of you as my "family" as well, I wanted to share the experience with you as much as I could!   I found a fun "pumpkin carving website" for you to try out!  It works on both laptops and iPads, but there are MORE options on a laptop version.  However, either one works.  Visit the link and have some fun carving your "virtual" pumpkins!  Your blog proof is just to tell me whether you liked the website or not!  I had fun!  Here is one of mine designs!  I made a few!  Click HERE for the Virtual Pumpkin Carving Link! Have fun!  Oh, and we have a BIRTHDAY dance to continue on Monday, since we did NOT get to celebrate with Ben on Friday!  Happy Birthday, Ben!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...