Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Remembering 9-11

Hey, 5B Babycakes...
I want to thank everyone in class for being so repsectful and showing so much honor to the tragedy on September 11, 2001. I was overwhelmed with feelings to see so many students be touched by the video, the picture book September 12, the word/tower building and the song. I decided to put the video clip to the side of this post in case so of you wanted to share it with your parents. To view the whole thing, click the title of the video at the top of the screen. You'll also want to Pause or Stop the playlist, otherwise you'll have 2 sets of music going on at the same time.

I know some families do not allow their children to use YouTube, so I understand if you choose not to view this. However, I was extremely impressed with how serious 5B talked about and thought about the events of Sepember 11th and realize we can come back even stronger after a terribly sad event. The Power of Words in our reading and writing will remind us of this every day. I hope we all can continue to honor those people who were lost in the events of that sad day by being the best we possibly can be. Think about how our Respect Pledge will help us do that.

Hopefully, you enjoyed the great weather this weekend. Check out the list of upcoming events below to keep yourselves organized for the week (and weeks to come).

Upcoming Dates/Events to Remember...
Tuesday, Sept. 14 - School Pictures!!! (bring money envelopes if buying school pictures)
Tuesday, Sept. 14 - Book Orders due - either online payments, cash or check to Scholastic Book Clubs
Wednesday, Sept. 15 - 3-hour early out, Bus Evacuation drill in A.M. right away

Coming up still in September...
MISIC testing (last weeks of September)
Norman Borlaug Farm Field Trip (Friday, September 24)

I'll know you checked the blog today/tonight by having out your social studies and science materials at your desk by the time I come around and check planners! Mondays have busy mornings.

1 comment:

  1. I was watching the news yesterday. It's so sad. I cant beleive that someone would even think about that. My questain is Who,why? If I could TELL THE PEOPLE that did this I would say " Why would you risk your life to kill all those people. How would you like it if this happened to you. If you were a baby and you were starting your brand new life and someone people high-jacked your plain,or a place you were at, and you died without getting na chance to live would you like that. you killed yourself and millons of other inisent people,kids,& babys why? I cant belive this happened!

    sea U tomorrow!? Taylor H.

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments...