Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, October 3, 2010

It's Been A While....

Hey, 5B,
I hope you had a good weekend. It definitely felt like fall, but I heard this upcoming week is supposed to be a bit warmer. We'll take any decent weather we can get! It would be great for homecoming week to have the weather cooperate with us, wouldn't it?

Please make sure to thank your families for coming in on Friday for our Book-It Kick-Off. Hopefully, you enjoyed yourselves, relaxed, were entertained with a good book, and filled your tummies! Remember, the October goal to earn a personal pan pizza is to read 620 minutes this month. It can be 20 minutes each night, or it can just be a total of 620 (or more, of course) by the end of the month.

On Monday I'll be sending home another little incentive to earn something more for your family just by taking time to read with your family! I can't wait to see families give this a try!

With Friday being kind of crazy at the end of the day, I forgot to remind kids to think about the auditions for "Oliver" at the high school. I would love to come see my little Babycakes do a performance!

OK... crazy stuff this week... Fasten your seat belts 'cuz it's gonna be busy again...
All Week - selling for fundraiser until October 14, if you have sold 1 item since last Friday, I'll be handing out Silly Bandz again - bring in your order forms for proof, or have a parent write a note in your planner
Monday - Hat Day, FIRST BAND LESSONS TODAY, MISIC make-up testing
Tuesday - Jersey/Sports Day, First Group Band
Wednesday - Workout Clothes Day, Goofy Schedule due to Fall Fitness Day, Library
Thursday - Twin Day
Friday - 3-hour early out, Cadet/Blue&White Day, Guidance

I'll know you checked the blog today/tonight if you write down an idea for us to do to celebrate our 200 blue slips we earned by September 30th. We never got to talk about this, so I'd love to hear some ideas. Have it written on a piece of paper that I can keep. Make sure your name is on your paper. Hand it to me as you come in the room! I'm excited for your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...