Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Happy Weekend, 5B!

Boy, I have to say that this 3 day weekend feels pretty good! I think we've all been working our hineys off, so a day off of school is nice little treat, don't you think?! But don't get too carried away, this next week is a 5 day week filled with deep thinking, quizzes and homework assignments! Yippee! For now, enjoy your freedom and relaxation!

Also, I wanted to thank 5B and their parents for great conferences last week. I really enjoy chatting with families about how things are going. I know it takes extra time to schedule in the conferences. I appreciate the effort of both the parents AND the 5B students who came along to their conferences! I have few to reschedule this week, but thanks to ALL of my 5B families for their time, questions and input!

Mr. Blankenship wrote me a nice thank you for being able to spend his time with 5th grade this week. He said it was a lot of fun and will never forget it! I told him he was always welcome to come back to visit us!

For this week, I just wanted to give you a heads up about a few things...
1) Monday: Senorita Rachel is ready to Skype with us right away in the morning - she has some Halloween words for us to learn!
2) Tuesday: Book-It slips are due for the month of October! Not only will you earn YOURSELF a free personal pizza from Pizza Hut, you could also help 5B win the competition for eating first for the WHOLE MONTH of NOVEMBER! Gotta Keep Reading...ooooo, ooooo.
3) Wednesday: 3-hour early out!
4) Friday: Book Orders are due! Remember, if your family wants to order ONLINE, they just need to visit the www.scholastic.com website and click on "Parent Online Ordering". The code you need is on that little white label on your book order pages up in the left-hand corner! If your family chooses to order online, the class gets a free book!

Well, this is a pretty long post, so I'd better let you get going! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Monday is Halloween!!!! So, I'll know you checked the blog if you can come up with or find a Halloween joke to share with the class! The jokes the get the best votes, get a Halloween prize!

Peace Out,
Mrs. Sorenson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...