Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Lot to Look Forward to This Week!

Hey, 5B Rock Stars! (neneneenenenee)
Hope you enjoyed your weekend.  Man, it was nice out, wasn't it?!  Some of you mentioned you were heading to Pinters this weekend, so I bet that was a blast, too!

Busy Week Ahead of Us with Exciting Events:  Read below to get a quick reminder!

#1: Character Counts Week!  
Monday is Hat Day (Yes, I'm sure this time:)  Also, you can bring in food or personal care items to donate for soldiers to a drop off box near the office.  I'm excited to see what hats you have to show how proud you are to be making healthy choices!  Also, check out the back of our 5B door.  Each class was encouraged to decorate it to celebrate Character Counts.  Read our door before coming in and guess why I chose this theme??:)  We'll be doing an activity with this Monday.  

#2:  Inquiry Project is Making Awesome Progress!
With the money you've collected from your professional phone calls, I was able to get TONS of fleece fabric for the blanket project!  You'll be amazed when you see it!  And Mrs. Halverson was sooooo generous to donate some of her OWN fabric to our cause as well.  Be sure to thank her the next time you see her.  Then, I asked Community Action what kinds of food that may want.  I mentioned the birthday bag idea, and they LOVED it!  So, that's what the 2nd group will focus on buying!  You guys are really thinking with serious minds and caring hearts!  Norman Borlaug would surely be proud to say his hometown of Cresco is continuing his cause!  Wednesday will hopefully be our MAJOR INQUIRY WORK DAY.  Yippee!

#3:  Reminders:  
Tuesday, Oct. 23th - Picture Retake Day
Wednesday, Oct. 24th - Early Out Day
Friday, October 26th - Parents Read and Feed from 9:30 - 10:10 a.m.

#4:  Across the Nation Halloween Story:)
I thought you guys did a super job while using ooVoo on Friday.  I checked my emails from the other schools, but I still haven't seen what our title is. Remember, the votes were for:
*Your Mama's Coming
*Nightmare on Elmo Street
*My Homework Ate My Dog
Our next step will be to work on the story as a class.  I'm curious what Connecticut will have as the beginning of our story.  Get thinking about how you want a story to go.  

#5:  End of of Common Ground Theme in Literacy
As you know, we've finished our final story relating to this theme in our groups.   We've chosen an Inquiry Project that will be done this week.  We're kinda wrapping things up.  So, that means we'll be taking some assessment this week to see how much you've learned and what we can still work on!  OK?  Remember, READING is THINKING with Strategy...so I'd love to see what you're thinking! 

#6:  Conference Sign Up and Next Week Conferences
Just a reminder to you and your families to sign up online.  I see there are 14 of you who have signed up.  That means 7 of you still need to.  Most times on Tuesday are taken, so Thursday will be your best chance to have some options.  Also, remind your families that YOU are the most important person to be at the conference.  I'm excited to see both your parents and YOU!  

Ok.. I know this was a loooonnnngggg post.  So, I'll stop for now.  I'll know checked this blog post if you take all of the items OFF of YOUR LOCKER before you come in on Monday morning.  Replace them on the INSIDE of your locker to remind yourself to stomp out bullying and keep your Character Rainbow to say true to yourself.  Simply tell me, "My locker is clear!  I'm ready for the activity!"

1 comment:

  1. hey Mrs.Sorenson whan are you going to update the blog?


    I.L

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments...