Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, October 7, 2012

You Ready for a Goofy Week?

Hey, there 5B...

I hope you stayed warm this weekend.  My goodness it got chilly.  PLEASE make sure you and your family check the weather before leaving for school each morning.  We want you staying warm while you have recess times or even P.E.  I saw several outfits last Friday that were NOT warm enough for this time of year, so please take care of yourselves:)  I don't need any frozen kid-sicles... I hear they're aren't as tasty as popsicles:)

As I mentioned in the title, it's going to be a little goofy this week.  See below:
Monday - pretty normal
Tuesday - also pretty normal
Wednesday - 3-hour early out
Thursday - Guest Speaker from Community Action to talk about Inquiry Project for Finding Common Ground
Friday - Begin MISIC testing - Math

Hopefully you got your Book-It note and calendar home on Friday.  Please remind your families that we'll be inviting them to join us towards the end of October for a little reading and snacking together.  Remember you have a goal of 300 minutes for the month of October.  If you read about 15 - 20 minutes each day, this should be NO problem at all.  It's even ok if you read to your little brother or sister, or if your family reads a book together!  All we would love to hear from you is that you got a chance to Read to Self or Read with Someone!  Reading can feed your brain AND your stomach with a personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut:)


Make sure to be checking your Class Dojo accounts.  You and your parents said you'd be checking it at least once a week to have good communication on your Cadet Pride at school.  Just wanted to remind you:)

I know those of you who checked the blog last Thursday night were happy with your reward!  Keep up the great work!  I'm thinking all 5B students saw what a benefit it can be to check the blog, right?!  I wonder if magic pencils will reappear??  You'll just have to wait and see!  I wouldn't want to miss them the next time they come around.

So, I'll know you checked the blog if you solve this jigsaw puzzle.  Click Here.  You'll have to scroll down on the page a little to see the puzzle.  Put the pieces together and sketch a drawing of what the finished puzzle looks like.  That's how I'll know you checked the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...