Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Worldly Wednesday in 5B!

My goodness, 5B.  I thought about all of the activities that we did today, and I am feeling exhausted!  I loved the small group ooVoo chats with our Connecticut friends.  We'll share what we learned about their school and daily activities tomorrow!  I was very proud of how you took turns, listened closely to their answers, and shared about life for Crestwood students.  I wish we would have asked how they liked the middle to our Halloween story!  I'll have to ask their teacher if they saw it.

Then, onto the Inquiry Projects!!!!!!  Please, please, please share with your families how well you worked, how serious you were about helping others, and the amount of time you spent today helping others!  I'll show some videos and pictures of what you missed from each other's experiences.  I wish I could have been at 2 places at once, but at least I'll get to see more blanket-tieing tomorrow, right?!

If you were with the shopping group, remember to see if your family has any birthday gift bags they'd like to reuse/donate for the extra items we were able to buy.  I believe we thought we needed 5 more of the same size we have in the classroom.  So, if you have those on hand, bring them on in.  Even if you were in the blanket group, you are welcome to bring them in as well.  OK?

Mrs. Sovereign was impressed with what she saw happening in the 5th grade rooms, too.  She showed me the videos she took of Isabella, Hailey, Memphis and Austin.  You guys did a great job explaining what our project was all about!  Awesome!

Reminders for this Week:
1)  HAVE PARENTS sign up or call to set up your conferences for next week!!!!  I'm still missing a few of you.  Also, remember, YOU should be a part of this meeting.  I'll send a note home reminding your families of the importance of this.
2) Read and Feed with parents on Friday, Oct. 26 from 9:30 - 10:10.  Bring a snack and drink and enjoy reading something funny, serious, scary, factual, suspenseful, strange, etc.  If you don't have a family member coming that day, we'll see if you can be "adopted" for the activity or you could choose a classmate to be your "family".  Even if your families can't make it, you are welcome to bring a healthy snack and/or drink while you read.  OK?

Alright, I'd better get to making some supper for little Isaiah!  But I'll know you checked the blog if you take one of the acorn papers from the front bulletin board that says "5B can be a little nutty!"  Bring it to the floor with you and to start our day.  I'm not sure if the projector is working yet, so we'll see how that part goes.

Also, remember to dress for the job you want to be when you grow up - one that contributes to the community and shows you have an interest in making a difference in the world.  No, a couch potato is NOT a JOB!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...