Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Monday, October 15, 2012

Ready to Meet Some New Friends??

Hey, 5B, remember I told you about starting a Halloween story with classes from around the US and Canada?  Well, tomorrow we get to do a "testing" session some of them.  I'm not sure who will all be in on the ooVoo call (like Skype, I guess, it's new to me).  However, I'm so excited to see what this may be all about, meet people from California, Connecticut, and Canada!  Hey, that's 4 C names if we include "Cresco" (Iowa that is).  Start thinking up some ideas that would be fun to add to a Halloween story.  This activity will be done as a class, so we won't use every detail of everyone's story ideas, but we'll do our best to keep a fun, creative, and hopefully spooky story going with our new buddies!

Sorry again about the mix-up about Character Counts week:(  I need to double check my information, too!  Don't I?  Keep it in mind for next week though...and yes, I'm sure it IS next week.

I'd like to stop in and see all of the bridges tomorrow at some point:  either before school, at regular recess or during band time.  I'm hearing some awesome things about how these bridges are coming along!  Will one of our 5B family members be the winning bridge??  I can't wait to see!  I'll be here cheering you on, my little baby cakes!

The oranges made the room smell citrusy-sweet!  I love that smell!  It's so fresh and light!  The gum flavors have also given the room a nice aroma, so don't forget that Tuesday is our last MISIC test (Language).  You are allowed to have gum again for this final test.  Let's keep up the test-taking stamina of doing your best even after a 3rd day of deep thinking!

There's a PTO meeting at 5:30 tonight at the Discovery Center.  I'll be a little late, but I'm hoping you reminded your families about the meeting!  We'd love parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles to join us!


I'll know you checked the blog if you ask me, "So, when do our families get to join us for some reading and eating??"  Of course, I'll tell the class the answer in the morning:)  Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I have seen that the RSS of this domain is working in a right way, did you complete all the properties by yourself or you turned to the original settings of the widget?

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments...