Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Chatty Bug is Starting to Spread... Let's Squash It!



We have some pretty cool things happening in 5B lately!  (Halloween story across the US and Canada, making phone calls to local businesses, bridge contests, backdrops for Character Counts Week video, and more!)  I can see why we're excited and have reasons to chat with each other.  My only concern is that we are letting our chatting get in the way of some of our learning.  It seems to be getting chattier as the week goes on, so as you may guess, I'm a bit worried about our Friday.  So, do what you can to help 5B show off what "they got".  OK?  Really hoping to see a change on Friday... otherwise we may have to take a break from some of the extra activities we're doing.  And let me tell you, I have another Skype activity planned that I think will be AWESOME!!

Speaking of the phone calls, I stopped by a few of the businesses today after school.  I have some money for the class project!  Yeh!  You guys really do ROCK!  We'll chat a bit more about the blanket-making project and the shopping for food trip on Friday.

A couple reminders:
Chip Shoppe Packet if it isn't in yet!
Next week (Oct. 22 - 26)  is Character Counts Week - Dress Up Days!
Next Wednesday (Oct. 24) is an early out.
Next Friday (Oct. 26) is our Read and Feed with Parents for Book-It from 9:30 - 10:10.

I'll know you checked the blog if you watch this REE-DONK-ULOUS video!  Isaiah thinks it's HILARIOUS!  He'll watch it, and when it's over, he instantly says, "Try Again!"  (which means he wants to do it again!) I'll know you watched it if you tell me what 2 fruits are in this video!

Let's see how you end the week, 5B.  Make yourselves and me proud:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...