Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ready for Another Full Week with New Schedules?

Happy Sunday (or Monday if you're reading this before school)!

Based on what the votes say on the side of the blog, we have the majority of the class either liking or loving the new schedule change. A few people are undecided and can "get into things" a bit more as time goes on.  I have enjoyed it, too.  However, I do have to get used to not seeing you guys much in the morning until like 11:00 o'clock...  My babies... leave me...  But ok, I'll live!

I've really enjoyed our "tech time" this week.  This will probably be my favorite change to our schedule.  I love the excitement I see from you when you're figuring out something new and are able to teach others about it!  Now, that's what I call LEARNING!!

The only complaint I've noticed/heard from 5B students is either they think it's the end of the day after math class (like our old schedule), or they are starving during literacy in the afternoon (thinking that we're about to go to lunch:)  Isn't that funny how your body and mind gets used to something!  If your family wants to donate some snacks for our afternoon "hungry" times, just bring them on in.  Of course, that is completely optional.  We've sincerely appreciated the snacks in the past, so thanks whether you have brought them any time during the year.

A couple reminders for the week:
Monday - Report Cards come home TODAY! Also, Math is right away, so be sure to have that homework done!
Tuesday: Avalanche Coffee Talk, and more ooVoo with CT friends about how similar or different you are (bring your coffee mug) and Chase may be back today...not for sure though
Wednesday:  Storm Runners Coffee Talk (bring your coffee mug)
Thursday/Friday:  Normal for now:)  But that never stays too long!

I'll know you checked the blog if you watch the Martin Luther King, Jr. Animoto again from 5A and 5C.  The link is under the Technology Projects.  Write down ONE of the statements they felt are important to pass along as we remember how Martin Luther King, Jr. affected our lives today.  Share it with me in the morning.  Remember, his birthday is coming up next Monday.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...