Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thurrific Thursday!!!

What a super day in 5th grade today!  Maybe it's all that rest or home time you've been having, but you were definitely ready to learn today.  Our Skype session with Ranger Cara went fantastic!  She did an amazing job sharing all of her information with us.  Based on chatting with 5B, I think a lot of people have ideas for inquiry projects or are at least interested in finding out more about Yellowstone's facts!  Here's a screenshot from seeing Old Faithful on the live webcam at 12:33 p.m. today from our classroom!

I'm looking for a group of students who would be willing to make an online thank you card for Ranger Cara.  I'd like a group from 5A, 5B and 5C.  I'll share the website with you on Friday, so if you're interested in learning it/playing with it, you can start on it before the weekend!  I think Ranger Cara would love to hear back from us.  Super discussions about more inquiry projects today in literacy, too.  Music class went wonderfully!  What an amazing day back.

The only improvement that I could see happening would have been the project Mrs. McCabe assigned you to record/do random acts of kindness.  It was a bit disappointing that out of 23 students and 14 days worth of opportunities (that could equal 322 acts) we only had about 5 - 6 students had their Mission Impossible folders here, and that only maybe 3 - 4 had written them down like assigned.  Hmmmmm... Does that mean 5B doesn't care about others?  Does that mean 5B doesn't know how to show responsibility?  I'd like to say, "Absolutely NOT", but actions do speak for you... So, Mrs. McCabe did give you an opportunity to fix your boo-boo of not showing you care or not being responsible.  I know I would want to make sure to show my Cadet Pride when I get a 2nd chance to prove it... What will you do??  I guess we'll see:)

Well, I guess we know why this week flew by, don't we???  Tomorrow is already Friday!! Werid!
I'll know you checked the blog if you draw a heart and put a name of something you care about in it.  It could be a family member, friend, pet, Justin Bieber, etc.  Hand it to me when you come in (make sure your name is on it!)  I'm going to give those of you who are checking the blog -like you're supposed to a little something special for your constant responsibility and respect for directions:)

Oh, and check out Old Faithfuls's Live Webcam under "Global Classrooms".  Also, I added a website that Greta shared with me.  It's like Rosetta Stone for learning languages but it's free and you can do it from home!  So, try them out and enjoy.

Let's have a PHENOMENAL Friday to end a Wacky Week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...