Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Another LONG Weekend!

There's no Flipped Classroom homework tonight.  I'll save that for Monday after school. 

Yes, it's fun to have these crazy days once in a while... but I have to say, we had a great long weekend LAST weekend... I don't think we really needed it this time!  Thanks to you who checked the blog on Thursday for both Tech/Social Studies and for our 5B class.  I got many emails from my 5B Angels telling me whether they wanted school or not.  I know some of you are REALLY excited when we have school off, but remember, these are "free days off of school".  We DO have to make them up....when the weather is NICER!!  So, let's hope for some better luck with winter weather for the next few weeks.

Also, I feel like when we have these crazy interruptions with our schedule, we have a tough time getting back on track.  This week will be focused on these main activities:
Publishing Persuasive Essays - Finally!!
Inquiry Projects - experiments and news casts - remember supplies
Benchmark Assessments (to review skills from units 1 - 4 in literacy)
Book Club/Coffee Talks - get started up by choosing new selection of books
STEM Projects - Making Wind Turbines to Create Electricity
Kindergarten Buddies - Wednesday, Feb. 27 and Thursday, Feb. 28, Friday if needed

Since we had 2 goofy weeks of school, it's time to see what kind of Cadet Pride is hiding in your Team Containers!  Monday will be our Cash-In and Count Up Day!  We've had 3 super wins from different teams!  Will there be a repeat win, OR will the NIKE'S show the rest of the class what they are made of??!!!

For 5B's blog checking proof:  I'm a little tired of our wintery weather causing school issues.  So, I know it's not right, but I'm taking my frustrations out on the groundhogs for suggesting that we have 6 more weeks of winter!!  Grrrr...  Play the game called "Hedgehog Launcher" on this link.  (I'm just pretending it's a groundhog to feel better).  Let me know how much money you earn by playing the game.  I only played for about 5 minutes or so and earned about $74.00.  Let's see what you can do!  Happy Launching!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...