Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Talkative Tuesday

Well..........  I guess Monday was magnificent, but Tuesday turned toward the talkative side today.  I guess getting back into the swing of things takes time.  That's alright.  We'll get it figured out.  I'm hoping Wednesday with match with "Wonderful or WOW" not "WHAT WAS THAT?"  Two important words...Self-Control. Right?

Remember the 3 hour early out for Wednesday.  Although it is a short day, we will JAM-PACK our learning into every minute we are together!  We'll start right away after attendance instead of waiting until 9:00 since it will be just literacy and tech time for conference practice.  OK?  Show me you are Ready to Roll right after our pledge.

Reminders:
Storm Runners's last Coffee Talk Wednesday
Earthquake and The Big Wave's Coffee Talks on Thursday
Math homework page 189
Art homework of magazine cover for Friday
Box Social decorating and planning for next Thursday, Valentine's Day:)

I counted up the votes for the Super Hero Category:  Most Creative!  I have 3 Super Heroes that will be added to the Group Iowa and Connecticut Voting Poll.  As soon as Mrs. Petroski and I get this set up and ready for you, we'll let you start voting.  Remember, we also want to open it up to other classes, grades, and even schools.  So, I'll send you the link to share with others as soon as it's up and ready!

I'll know you checked the blog if you come straight in, take out your writing notebook, date it February 6, and begin writing a persuasive essay on 1 of these 2 sides of a Hot Topic:

School lunches are perfect just the way they are.
OR
There should be changes made to our school lunches.

Choose 1 of these 2 sides.  Begin with your introduction paragraph, then your reasons in the next paragraph, and finally a last paragraph to restate your opinion.

I'll be curious to see what you decide and have for reasons.  I'll have my own written, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...