Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Farewell Friday... A Sad Day in 5B...

Yes, I know it was a tough day for all of us. Having 5B family members move away is not easy to deal with.  You can tell we really are a family by how much we care and miss each other.  Here are a few photos of Friday's farewell....


I'm not sure why the video doesn't have volume, but it was when we were all singing Brave with Taylor.  We'll have to sing Happy Birthday to Taylor on March 12:)  

Other sad news that happened in my family this weekend...  Our dog, Ebony, passed away.  It is a terrible feeling to lose a family member, and we all know how pets can definitely feel like part of a family.  Ebony would have been 14 years old at the end of March.  I'm pretty emotional about it, as you probably know and remember from when I talked about Lincoln earlier this year.  I just wanted to tell you on the blog, so I don't have to talk about it as a class, ok?  It's just to sad too talk about.  Thanks for the respect and caring you always give everyone when they need their space.  Such a wonderful 5B family.

TOTAL CHANGE OF SUBJECT...

Remember when I told you we had to change our classroom so only 20% of the room had stuff on the walls?  Well, I had to do some changes over the weekend.  Also, we couldn't have things too close to the ceiling, so I decided to rearrange a little.  Below are pictures of what the major changes are.  All of your homes are still the same - nothing changed with that.  Notice the artwork I taped to the bottom window outside our door... Look familiar?  
No more bench allowed outside,
but there is still a working area. 

Desk is gone, but I moved the big round, black chair
inside it and had to lower the circus tent. 

iPad station is a bit bigger, and I have room for the 2 laptops.
Notice they are PLUGGED IN and CHARGED!  Please keep
them that way:)

Biggest Change!!  This is RIGHT when you walk in.  So,
when we line up to leave the classroom, you'll have to
make a diagonal line by the guided reading table.

Not too different - but no, Sawyer, this is not your desk:)

Opened up space by putting the spinning book
shelf in the corner and moved the bean bags. 

This space by my desk wasn't really being used much, so
we have a place to put more of our literacy jobs or activities.


Ok.. last part of the blog for today...  The weather looks kinda cold and windy for tomorrow, so I don't know what's going to happen with the STEM field trip.  I'll call the kids who this will affect, but if we don't end up going, 5B will be stuck with me for the day instead of Mrs. O!  Sorry...

Also, with the sad ending to Friday, we didn't remind people about these topics:
1)  Book-It for February - please bring in:)
2)  Time for Kids Booklets - 7 completed = the prizes!  If 12 of you meet that goal, we get the teacher prize book for 1 item. If all 18 of you meet the goal, we get 2 items!  Up to you:)
3)  March Menus are in your mailboxes from last Friday
4) Bring in any picture books or favorite books you've loved to read for reading class to CELEBRATE Dr. Seuss's birthday, Read Across America Week and World Read Aloud Day (Wed.).  

WOW!!  Long blog, eh?!  Yep... that's my evil twin's fault (Kelena - remember, she talks too much!)

I'll know you checked the blog if you CLICK HERE for a TodaysMeet on how you like the changes in the room.  Like what ones do you like the best or not like so much.  Remember, I HAD to make changes and will probably have to do more, but this is a start!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...