Followers

INSPIRED by Norman Borlaug

Wordle: Norman Borlaug

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Long Time, No See or Blog, huh??

Well,
Here I thought, once we made it to March, we'd be smooth sailing and back into routines that do NOT get interrupted by weather!!  Ahhhhh!!!  Don't you just want to scream??  It feels good to let it out!?  AHHHHHHH!!  Yep.. That one was louder.  It definitely felt good.

Well, the STEM day went WONDERFUL on Monday for the 6 students that went along.  They explored many new apps and objects.  We will be putting an iMovie together for the whole 5th grade of the day we spent there.  Then...  here's the even MORE exciting news... Jasmine, Carter (in place of Taylor), Clay, Kierstyn, Amelia and DJ will be TEACHING all of the 5th graders in small groups about what they learned.  I'm so excited!  In fact, I just got done emailing Kathy Hay (from Keystone in Elkader) about this, and she's ready to come WITH all of her supplies (fun, fun stuff for STEM) for NEXT Friday already!  Woo-hoo!

I heard Monday was an teeny, tiny, itty, bitty class!  My goodness...only 13 of you there?!  By your emails, it sounds like you had a good day, but you spent A LOT of time on the "Mithing Tooth" readers' theater??  Sorry if it got old...but we still have plans to share it with the 1st graders on Thursday!  So, we'll have to give those people who were gone on Monday a quick run-through of it, and buzz on down to 1st grade to perform!  Also, if you have books at home you'd rather read with the 1st graders than the ones I brought in, please bring them for Thursday.  World Read Aloud Day is actually TODAY, but we'll celebrate it tomorrow as best we can!

Be reminders for tomorrow...
1) Time for Kids Booklets!
2) Book-it from February if you forgot to bring it in
3) Will be FINISHING UP American Revolution movie trailers...work time right away..  (Oh, and sorry, Hailey, I didn't remember that your work was on Emmalie's iPad.  I wouldn't have taken it if I had remembered:(
4) Secret Agent Caring Acts - be sure you are thinking about your targets to do an extra something special for...We haven't had much school, so hopefully your caring acts have been at home!

And even though I have not been in school this whole week, I can't seem to get away from my 5B Family!!  I saw many of you at the boys' basketball game in Decorah on Monday night!  (Sad ending to the game) Then I saw several of you in Des Moines for the girls' first game at the state tournament!  Even when we don't have school, we still see each other!

I'll know you checked the blog, if you can figure out who these 2 5B classmates are that were at the game on Tuesday in Des Moines!  I used cartoonize.net to try and trick you!  Tell me as you come in on Thursday morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments...